Cam Newton? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton?

I’ve read a lot of comments on this thread about how CN was used by the Panthers and how CNs dashes have cause him to take so many hits his body is a wreck.

Now considering CNs frame compared to teeny tiny Burrow who seems to like to take hits and refuses to slide how long do we think Burrow’s body is going to last in the NFL??? So those who want Burrow and who support the argument above against CN should realistically rethink their stance on Burrow as our long term franchise QB... in my opinion....

Option 1) I’d take him, heck we’ve given contracts to a lot worst including people who have never taken their team to the SB ever. I’d only take him dependant on the contract and how we’re looking with our own pick. If we can’t get Tua or Burrow wit him our own pick we can’t afford to trade up for one of them with the current squad as depleted of talent as it is. So in which case take him or TB if they’ll come and pick up Fromm or Hurts or Love with a later pick.

Option 2) Alternatively, we don’t pick up a QB from FA, stick with FP, bring in From , love...... (but actually playing them and giving them a fair chance) still maintaing our picks (if Tua and Burrow are unachievable wth our own pick) and then throw everything at getting Lawrence the next year if Fromm or Love or whoever doesn’t work out.

Option 3) throw everything at getting Tua or Burrow this draft leaving us short of needed picks but still have the cap space

These are the options I can see for us, just hope FO get it right we have a bit of luck and within 2 years teams start fearing us again

I can see Cam going to Chicago Bears actually

most definately he's cuttable, but what i was saying is maybe they might be deeming him a back up qb on a reasonable rookie contract. for the most part unless you are complete garbage or a locker room disaster most teams arent going to part ways with a first round pick on the cheaper rookie contracts (see charles harris) you just suck it up and hope you can get some trade value out of them or at some point they become quality depth. Has Rosen did anything to show that he deserves to have the 5th year option even considered..hell no... but with his still potential then the contract he has is worth being a back up none the less. the main reason i was saying keep fitz over the other options (along with Rosen) was Fitz is a good locker room presence and i feel he could be a better mention as opposed to Rosen being the veteran QB on the team next year. I dont know if he's ever had to be an actual mentor...im not wiki'ing all his seasons, but Rosen talked highly of him and the vets respect him. .

I will say this about Cam, WHEN playing he seems like a me first person, I've always hated the fact that whoever scores has to give the ball to cam so he can hand it out in the stadium, his injury interview he gave in his cigar bar around week 3 this year was a complete joke, but he has stayed with the team the entire time when he could be sitting at home saying he needed to stay off his feet, i just think you need a more intelligent QB if you're looking for a mentor, or at least a QB with similar play styles of their protege

No doubt he isn't a smart QB, Like i said he is a very streaky player. He does seem to take accountability when he messes up though i will give him that. Personally i think Mccaffery is such a weapon the team is actually better with a game manager and letting Mccaffery gash teams by himself.. When Cam is in you C macs numbers take a big hit and Cam will call his own number countless times instead of giving it to their most dangerous weapon.

Cmac is something special and i think cam has a tough time working as a 2nd option in an offense with a player better then himself.

Cam Newton mark my words will be broke by the time he leaves the NFL though, All that money he wastes on clothes thinking he's a new Kanye or something to go with a cigar bar ( who actually goes to those besides 60 year old men and gold diggers lol)

Back
Top Bottom