Camarillo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camarillo

Cam is very underrated. Straight up baller and always finds a way to make a play. He's the perfect go-to gur for a qb on 3rd down cuz he's a number 2 and doesn't pull doubleteams. Off the chart intangibles. If cam was paired up with Peyton, brady, rivers, Big Ben, Shaub, brees etc, do u have any doubt he'd be be a 75-1000 guy? I don't. He's not going anywhere though.

Cam will be No. 2..... Bess will explode in the slot and Hartline will always be man on man. Need I say more??

cams my favorite player on the team, i love his work ethic, leadership, and hands, id be very happy to see a 'C' in a box on his jersey next year. only way he leaves this offseason is if he gets killed

This team has a lot of big and fast WRs waiting for their chance, and this off-season, they'll probably get it. After all, itt's well-known that PIS likes big, fast WRs.

With HENNE and THIGPEN, the long pass in particular, and longer patterns generally, will be a part of the offense this season, unlike the popgun, dink-and-dunk, imitation West Coast Offense MIAMI ran w/PENNINGTON. IF (always a big "if") any of TAURUS JOHNSON (6'2"/205/4.4 40), or J PRUITT (6'2"/208/4.1 40), or P TURNER (6'5"/225/4.49 and 4.51 40), or R WALLACE (6'4"/225/4.0 40) "arrive", PIS will NOT risk possibly having THE NEXT really topshelf, big-and-fast WR "poached" from MIAMI's P/S by anyone who saw them play/heard something. They'll have to carry any and all such WRs on the roster. If ONLY ONE, then there's no problem: that young man joins MARSHALL, HARTLINE, BESS and CAMARILLO. But if MORE than one, or if there's one and RGM excels at KR/PR, then there IS a problem, and it becomes a question of who to trade or release. I/m/o the WR who either gets traded or cut is either CAMARILLO or BESS, because they are possession WRs (as is HARTLINE) and you can only carry 2 possession WRs (unless you have no one else!!!). And because both HARTLINE and BESS showed enough speed to get deep last season, I'd say that it's most likely CAMARILLO.

This team has a lot of big and fast WRs waiting for their chance, and this off-season, they'll probably get it. After all, itt's well-known that PIS likes big, fast WRs.

With HENNE and THIGPEN, the long pass in particular, and longer patterns generally, will be a part of the offense this season, unlike the popgun, dink-and-dunk, imitation West Coast Offense MIAMI ran w/PENNINGTON. IF (always a big "if") any of TAURUS JOHNSON (6'2"/205/4.4 40), or J PRUITT (6'2"/208/4.1 40), or P TURNER (6'5"/225/4.49 and 4.51 40), or R WALLACE (6'4"/225/4.0 40) "arrive", PIS will NOT risk possibly having THE NEXT really topshelf, big-and-fast WR "poached" from MIAMI's P/S by anyone who saw them play/heard something. They'll have to carry any and all such WRs on the roster. If ONLY ONE, then there's no problem: that young man joins MARSHALL, HARTLINE, BESS and CAMARILLO. But if MORE than one, or if there's one and RGM excels at KR/PR, then there IS a problem, and it becomes a question of who to trade or release. I/m/o the WR who either gets traded or cut is either CAMARILLO or BESS, because they are possession WRs (as is HARTLINE) and you can only carry 2 possession WRs (unless you have no one else!!!). And because both HARTLINE and BESS showed enough speed to get deep last season, I'd say that it's most likely CAMARILLO.

MARSHALL/HARTLINE/BESS/CAMARILLO are NOT going anywhere

Camarillo will be a significant contributor. The Dolphins can count on him to make the clutch catch when they have to have it.

clear.gif

last time we beat those turds.

It will be interesting to see how much Marshall makes a difference this year. Last year, Henne's QB rating dropped every time an extra WR was on the field...

0-1 WR = 58 attempts 103.3 QB rating
2 WR = 109 attempts 72.6 QB rating
3 WR = 141 attempts 71.7 QB rating
4 WR = 123 attempts 65.4 QB rating

How many attempts included Ginn on the field or just having the TE line up wide an being considered an additional WR I don't know.

Assuming Ronnie and Ricky are healthy I think Henne will be most successful running play-action in which the defense will have to honor Miami's ability to move the ball on the ground.

Good work using statistics to back your point but I believe that when you look at them you should also take into account how Henning used (or didn't use) 3 and 4 wide-receiver sets.

Until our backs got injured we tended to only use more wide receivers when the down and distance was not favorable rather than on a routine basis like other teams that use more wide receivers as more of a part of their base offense. I don't mean that as criticism to Henning because we were successful running. If we were to actually use a 4 WR set with better down & distance situations and do it more often I believe we would see more success.

Taz

Jerry Rice ran the same route most of the time...
Mercury Morris ran the slant his whole career...
It is called good route running, good route with timely delivery....DB knows its coming but still can't stop it.
Jam, jump the route, pick...whatever, its easier said than done.

Cam is a baller. However, we need to switch up the play calling. Check the film, he ran that same 12 to 15 yard out every time we needed a first down. Yes he caught it, but if I'm a DB next year, and it's 3rd and 10, and Cam is in front of me, I'm either jamming his *** on the line so he never gets off, OR I sit back, let him run his out, and as soon as he plants to turn, I'm going full speed for the pick. We ran that out to Cammy way too many times last year, the call was so predictable.

Cam is a future coach IMO as well.

Hartline should be number 2. Apparently the FO feels the same way a lot of us do as far as Camarillo. I like Cam. I just feel that Hartline will end up being like a Cam + then some. He has more ability to stretch a D, has hands that will end up as dependable as Cam's, and will get open with more frequency.

Back
Top Bottom