Cameron: QB decision the most critical | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron: QB decision the most critical

If Daunte gets and remains healthy......

1. Culpepper
2. Lemon
3. Day One Rookie

**** off, Joey! There's no crying in football.

The article said Cameron had not made his mind up. It all depends on what he's looking for and willing to work with. Keep it open, just like the article. We should keep all three and let QB camp rank them. Prove it on the field, not on paper. Cam has no loyalty to any of our QBs. So he can keep and start who he wants.

Even a day 2 Rookie QB is better than Joey.:cooldude:

you know, i get your point, but Jordan Palmer is not better than Harrington and does not even come close. Try to be more realistic.

You Culpepper voters can have your Qb ratings / stats. In the end however, you're stuck looking at a broken man, who over the last two years can't seem to remember who to play football or win football games....

I'll stick with Harrington. Even thought his Qb rating isn't as high, he doesn't get sacked 5-6 time a game. He also proved he can win with the Phinz....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I am on your side blitz on this one, but it does not look like Harrington will be here come March. What people do not seem to think right now is that DC could be gone as well. Its all up to the board members around the table (as Cam pointed out in his PC). It all comes down to DC and his leg. Also free agency will start soon. Who knows what Cam has working. Maybe he knows another rookie in SD or elswhere that he knows has good potential.

Those stats previously are a joke. Doesnt even make a point. Just shows that excuses come easy for some and are willing to spend anything for a name.

I am amazed that Joey Harirngton has any supporters anymore. The guy just isn't very good. I am a firm believer that stats can only tell you part of the picture, but Joey's stats are god awful. Cleo and Culpepper (with one leg and a terrible line) had better stats than Harirngton.

Joey seems like a nice guy but his happy tap dancing feet and tell tale ball pat right before he throws led to a lot of problems. He never goes through his progressions really either. He would look for the first option and if it wasn't there, or wasn't developed yet (basically abandoning the play too early) he would dump it off for minimal or no gain most of the time. That simply doesn't get it done.

The fact that he got benched last year a couple of times is a clear sign that his days are numbered. Cleo showed enough to get a look and Daunte at least has a history in this league that isn't putrid (unlike Joey's) so he gets another shot as well.

Dolphins | Cameron not ready to commit to starting quarterback
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 08:19:09 -0800
Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron says he is not yet ready to name who will be the team's starting quarterback in 2007. Cameron may not commit to QB Daunte Culpepper as the starter. "Daunte is doing everything he can do to be ready for quarterback school,'' Cameron said Friday, Feb. 2. "For me to be overly positive on someone I've known for two weeks isn't real. I'm going to base my opinion on any player in our locker room on what I see on a day-to-day basis.''

Right now....it appears we don't have a starting QB....and thats just the way I like it....let the starting QB earn it...the old fashion way....on the field.

I am amazed that Joey Harirngton has any supporters anymore. The guy just isn't very good. I am a firm believer that stats can only tell you part of the picture, but Joey's stats are god awful. Cleo and Culpepper (with one leg and a terrible line) had better stats than Harirngton.

Joey seems like a nice guy but his happy tap dancing feet and tell tale ball pat right before he throws led to a lot of problems. He never goes through his progressions really either. He would look for the first option and if it wasn't there, or wasn't developed yet (basically abandoning the play too early) he would dump it off for minimal or no gain most of the time. That simply doesn't get it done.

The fact that he got benched last year a couple of times is a clear sign that his days are numbered. Cleo showed enough to get a look and Daunte at least has a history in this league that isn't putrid (unlike Joey's) so he gets another shot as well.

First WHO won the games as the starting QB.....whom played for a OC and a headcoach that wasn't worth a crap...I don't care about stats....the only item that matters is winning. Would you like to have the Bears QB....I doubt it....yet he's playing in the superbowl. I believe our new Headcoach will make our QB's play better in time and thats enough for me.

Joey made Daunte look like garbage, so what does that make Culpepper??....

PHINZ RULE!!!
BK,i'am shocked at your statement,come on man your losing credibility while i'am writing this.

You know,i know and the whole team knew Daunte was'nt healthy.we should Respect him for trying to go out there for us on one leg,how can anyone not be excited about a 250 lb super talented lean fast with a rocket arm and a chip the size of a boulder on his shoulder quaterback.

I'll tell you another thing,Cleo lemon is a fine player and i will be totally confident if daunte goes down, i think he has a chance to be a really really good player.

As far as joey,well how can i put this,INEPTITUDE AT ITS FINEST,the only thing he has going for him is the fact that he's probably a great PRACTICE player and that may confuse our coach a little and may be the reason why cleo has'nt gotten his shot.

Good Read! We are in good hands! I am confident whoever starts will be the best man for the job!

He says Harrington is getting married, wonder if it's that girl from the stands in the Detroit game with the Marry me sign? She was hot! :lol:

I hate lame excuses.
Me too.

It was just a MIRACLE that our offensive line played a whole lot better with Joey Harrington against a much better defensive line in the Patriots than all these three teams: Houston, Buffalo, and Tennessee.

Yeah, I mean, with Culpepper, we even gave Mario Williams his first 2 career sacks.

I also remember Joey Harrington almost getting his face slammed about 5 times against New England, but being a better manager of the game than Culpepper, he got rid of the ball.

Forget QB ratings and completion percentage. I will take and like our chances at 3rd and 10 over 3rd and 20+ any time, any day..

First WHO won the games as the starting QB.....whom played for a OC and a headcoach that wasn't worth a crap...I don't care about stats....the only item that matters is winning. Would you like to have the Bears QB....I doubt it....yet he's playing in the superbowl. I believe our new Headcoach will make our QB's play better in time and thats enough for me.

Joey didn't win one game as a starting QB outside the Thanksgiving game. In fact, the defense won five games this year. And within those five games, Joey tried his hardest to give some away. This is the old Jay Fiedler argument but worse. Joey contributed pretty much nothing but you are willing to give him credit for everything.

Considering Daunte was playing on one leg and still threw the ball better than Joey is just disgusting to me. I am just happy that a QB guru is here to teach whoever is our QB, how to play like one.

Of course, at this point, I could do that. I would simply sit whoever it was down, turn on Joey's game film and instruct them to do the opposite of what he does.

He also proved he can win with the Phinz....

:sidelol: It took him 3 games for him to figure that out.

You can have your lousy QB that won't be on the team next season. I find it funny that you call Daunte a broken man, but yet he still put up better numbers than Joey.

:sidelol: It took him 3 games for him to figure that out.

You can have your lousy QB that won't be on the team next season. I find it funny that you call Daunte a broken man, but yet he still put up better numbers than Joey.

Daunte Culpepper is the better Fantasy Football QB no doubt!

Back
Top Bottom