Cameron: QB decision the most critical | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron: QB decision the most critical

:sidelol: It took him 3 games for him to figure that out.

You can have your lousy QB that won't be on the team next season. I find it funny that you call Daunte a broken man, but yet he still put up better numbers than Joey.

What are you talking about. Joey's 68 QB rating and more INTs than TDs totally humiliated Daunte (on one leg) this year. Especially that Bills game Joey played. Seeing that, there's no question Daunte had the worst performance of any Dolphins Qb in the FIRST Bills game.

Cameron's looking like he wants to have options at the starter's. And wisely, he's not just handing the starters spot to Daunte, who hasn't shown that he's earned it yet. If he wanted Harrington gone, he wouldn't have bothered to contact him and build a relationship with him. Lemon, Cameron already knows. Still, if a guy like Brady Quinn drops to our spot...

Cameron's looking like he wants to have options at the starter's. And wisely, he's not just handing the starters spot to Daunte, who hasn't shown that he's earned it yet. If he wanted Harrington gone, he wouldn't have bothered to contact him and build a relationship with him. Lemon, Cameron already knows. Still, if a guy like Brady Quinn drops to our spot...

If Brady Quinn drops to us then all these guys are done! :sidelol:

I just don't think many of us are being reasonable here.

It is not about last year, it is about the future. On the one hand, we are all excited that we have a great D and realistic that it only has a couple more years at best before thomas and taylor are finished and I don't see any way that we won't at least have a couple of years transition on D once they are gone. Having said that, we have to make up our minds....are we going to put more emphasis on winning now while we have a great D or rebuild on offense and invest in a more long term option. I think almost everyone wants to win now while the D is still strong.

If that is true that what options do we have that could take us to the SuperBowl or AFC championship in the next two years? I do not think, realistically that a rookie in the draft will do that. Certainly we can pick one, but I don't think we should count on one to start and lead us to a strong playoff run in the first two years....you could argue for sure that if we get a shot at Brady Quinn at #9.....maybe, just maybe he could. I will give you that.....but that is sort of out of our hands. We will have to wait and see if the opportunity presents itself. Harrington, whatever you think about his performance this year, will not take us there. Cleo Lemon, I believe has potential and may pan out so for sure we keep him and see what happens. I just think that our only shot at winning in the next two years is Culpepper. That is that! If he pans out and returns to form, we win. If he doesn't we will fall back on someone else, lemon, QB from the draft, etc... but we are basically going to have to throw out the next two seasons and rebuild because by the time we develop the new QB to playoff stature, the D will be rebuilding. Like Culpepper or not, he is our only HOPE. It is so clear to me. Unless you have a better Free Agent Option that can win now, he is the guy we have to hope and pray he can do it. Anything else I can see, save Brady Quinn at #9 (and that is still a big if) will at best be a stop gap measure while we develop someone for a few years down the road at which point the D will have to be rebuilt.

If Brady Quinn drops to us then all these guys are done! :sidelol:

We'd probably still need two decent vets to hold the fort while he gets ready. Culpepper will probably be the lame duck QB while Harrington/Lemon provides insurance again. But all that would be moot since Quinn would be the future of this franchise the way other 1st rounders Rivers, Manning, Cutler, Leinart, Young, Smith, and so on are for their teams. The new wave of young QB's is here and it would be great if we can hop on the wagon.

You guys know alot of Joey's int's werent his fault right? Stop blamming him, if you need to go watch the games again. Hopefully he is the starter when the season opens. No wait you want to give the job to some one who did worse "Daunte" oh no wait you want to give the job to a 3rd string QB "Cleo" and yes he's 3rd string for a reason. Joey has played the most with the offense putting in some one else at QB would just be another step backwards i admit Joey's release and decision making is very quick i mean once he drops back the ball is gone, wait a min thats not a bad thing is it? MM is not calling the plays we have a coach that wants to be here and i think we get a reciever that can catch this season, Joey gives us the best chance to win now. What will you all say if Cam names Joey the starter are you all gonna say Cam should be gone? Do we know more about football then the head coach? Heeeeeelllllllll NO! I trust Cam whatever decision he makes well that should be the QB then. I myself want Joey to start but in still gonna have to go with the coach regardless of who i want. If Cam picks Daunte then thats who the starter should be if he picks Joey then thats who the starter should be and the same for Cleo.

I was going to respond to some of these classless posts before you did, but really what's the use. You won't convince any of his detractors anyways.
The fact is, JH was stuck in a lousy organization in Detroit and then gets here and is arguably in a comparable situation when you look at things retrospectively, at least from an offensive perspective.
He looked more in command than DC. Lemon did nothing special and I didn't really see the upgrade over JH.

If Daunte gets and remains healthy......

1. Culpepper
2. Lemon
3. Day One Rookie

**** off, Joey! There's no crying in football.

:lol: You know that's almost the exact opposite of what the coach said.

I like his point of view. Culpepper CANNOT be handed the starting job like he was last year. Remember how he started the year?

I don't think Pepp is going to like having to be accountable. He is used to being the lead dog. Saban a notorious control freak, basically gave him a free reign for the start of the season. Cam isn't going to do that. I doubt Pepper stays here, he will WANT to leave when he finds he can't just get his way like he always has been able to...

I am amazed that there are still Scarrington supporters out there. He lost the season for us by turning the ball over. The same problem that Joey had this year and has had his entire career are his ints. They killed our streak, and finally the season. Scarrington's quick release that you guys are talking about is his downfall. He doesnot have time to react to the defense, and defenses are very quick to bait him into throwing ints. Joey may be the nicest guy in the world, but he is not a winning QB. He also is waaayyyyyyyy overpaid. He is worse than terrible. If anyone in the NFL is crazy enough to try to turn him around, that is great. I just hope it is not the fins. He needs to take his noodle arm and find another job. Picking players from the draft is kind of like playing the lottery. Everyone has their sites set on Quinn, but he could very easily turn out to be a bust. I agree that the fastest way to get back on track, is on the back of Culpepper. If Cpep is healty, Cam will get everything he needs out of him to start scoring some points and turn the offense around. We need offensive touchdowns and DC when healthy is the man for the job. I dont care if Dante throws 20 interceptions next year, because it is going to be the 40 touchdown passes that he throws that win games.

What are you talking about. Joey's 68 QB rating and more INTs than TDs totally humiliated Daunte (on one leg) this year. Especially that Bills game Joey played. Seeing that, there's no question Daunte had the worst performance of any Dolphins Qb in the FIRST Bills game.

Well Harrington did have a 72.0 rating last year. Maybe he could get back to that. Even though he's never completed 60% of his passes, he might be able to get there!

Back
Top Bottom