Cameron Wake as pass rusher having epic camp | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Wake as pass rusher having epic camp

to use tape u would have to evaluate evey snap they play wouldnt u and im sure non of us have. as for numbers what numbers are you going to use. Clady did set the record for most consecutive games without a sack from the beginning of his career. Through his first 20 games he gave up half a sack.

All while leading the NFL by giving up a rather sad 37 QB pressures. Take your pick.

Jake Long in two seasons - 6 sacks, 14 QB hits, 22 QB pressures.
Ryan Clady in two seasons- 8 sacks, 13 QB hits, 57 QB pressures.

there was a guy in another thread who said Dansby will be a HOF backer in Nolan's D. bit premature lol..............

very premature especially since he has never even been to a probowl but if win a couple of superbowls who knows.

every summer fans get excited and make all kinds of comments coming from their hearts and not their heads. im used to that. its the ones who make these same comments with their heads that worry me.......

All while leading the NFL by giving up a rather sad 37 QB pressures. Take your pick.

Jake Long in two seasons - 6 sacks, 14 QB hits, 22 QB pressures.
Ryan Clady in two seasons- 8 sacks, 13 QB hits, 57 QB pressures.

Big Jake

That's not being a fan lockz... that's being a cheerleader/homer... not a fan...

The bright side is some of it is already true... Miami does have Pat White..

oh jebus. i know you're a freak as far as football knowledge goes but you can't say who is and isn't a 'fan'. anyone who takes the time to set up an account and post on here is a fan - regardless of how much or little they actually know about football. homers only a word for people that go on sites like these - never heard that term before i started fugging around on here - and i've been in and around football my entire life.

if it wasn't for these so-called 'cheerleaders' we wouldn't have football to watch on sundays - so you might as well come back down to earth with the rest of us - your highness.

Just be glad your posts can even teeter. But you are right how dare I dont go your logic and assume that you multiply plays and the results will just come out to fit your liking. I just like when someone trys to assume Im saying that Long has forgot how to play tackle.
i could care less what you think of my statements actually. I dont mistake popularity of a post with actually having anything to say.
I will say again if Jake long is getting owned by Cameron wake then we could be in trouble. at the very least it should be a good battle from one of the best tackles in the league. I know you want to annoint Wake as the best pass rusher in the league after 5 .5 whole sacks but thats your gig I guess. I refuse to believe that he is all of a sudden head and shoulders above players such as Demarcus Ware and others with so little evidence. dont feel bad though quite of bit of this board is still pinning arguements based on seven games in 2007 for Ronnie Brown. i mean cmon give him enough carries and he would easily set the NFL rushing record.

Just keep putting words in my mouth - I don't give a crap

BTW JT has forgotton more about football than either of us know so show a little common respect to him - like I said everything you have written in this thread topic is ridiculous crap

I believe I have figured out tedslimjr and dlockz. They provide an important function. They are the anti-homers for this forum whose sole purpose is to combat homerism wherever it can be found. It seems a bit narrow existence perhaps but otherwise I say, "well done".

i actually get annoyed by homers as well. at least the ones that have very little football knowledge to back their outlandish opinions up. if you can make an intelligent post regardless of your stance on a subject then its all good IMO. but every board has ppl who will blindly support any player and immediately give him some talent and ability he doesnt have simply because he's in teal. I've never told anyone on any board whether they are a true fan or not. that being said, the whole reason Im even a member on this board is because I was banned from DolphinDigest. you know why? the minute Ted Ginn was drafted I was fuming. I called him a bum from Day 1. same with John Beck. I was repeatedly told over there Im a joke and not a real fan for my stance.

If I wasnt a real fan, why would I be so upset that my favourite team drafted a player I felt would be a bust? as I said, as long as you can back up your stance on any Dolphin related subject with a bit of knowledge and common sense, its all part of a good debate. but people who cant do that, and there are plenty, are just cheerleaders. definitely agree with Slimm there................

RT @PhinsRock: @ProFootbalFocus How many sacks does Cam Wake get this season now as full-time starter? - Good question, we're not psychic ;)

RT @PhinsRock: @ProFootbalFocus I'd be disappointed with less than 12. Wake's pass rush skills are off the chart - They certainly seem to be

https://twitter.com/ProFootbalFocus

i said 10 because i like to temper my expectations. that way i can leave myself open to be pleasantly surprised lol. 12 seems reasonable, but some ppl calling for 15-18 are really asking alot I think. until we see how exactly Nolan will use him it's obviously guess work. but Cam Wake is still just getting his feet wet in the NFL. some ppl seem to keep forgetting that..........

RT @packersinsider: @ProFootbalFocus Cameron Wake will have between 8 & 10 sacks this season - Needs to get the snaps first

www.twitter.com/Profootbalfocus

I know some don't appreciate Profootballfocus.com, but these guys see a ton of footage on players and to see them being so high on Wake is awesome.

The NFL just is really good at not letting you get 15 to 18 sacks. If they see the kind of ability in you that threatens to get that many sacks, they have the guard take away your inside move, and/or send a back to chip your outside shoulder. These kinds of things REALLY cut down your chances of a sack, because there aren't that many instances in today's NFL where guys just hold and hold and hold the ball.

Back
Top Bottom