Cameron Wake's Contract Status | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Wake's Contract Status

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
As many know, Wake's contract is ending soon and he is scheduled to hit the open market after this season. What would you do in this situation? Do you extend him hoping for another year of ELITE production, if so, what would be a fair offer?

Currently his cap hit is $9.6 million ranked #15 (Andre Branch is #13) as a DE. Wake has the 5th highest cap hit on the team.

I would resign him for another 2 years, the guy is still productive.

Yea . Edit my post to read loyalty and production should be rewarded

Thought he resigned for 2 years.

me too but that was before the '17 season

his leadership is worth so much but the poorly conceived deals we have with our DE's as a collective
seem to have made this a question mark. if only we could dump Branch and give Wake mo money

If they dump Branch, they'll still need cap space to bring in another free agent end.

As many know, Wake's contract is ending soon and he is scheduled to hit the open market after this season. What would you do in this situation? Do you extend him hoping for another year of ELITE production, if so, what would be a fair offer?

Currently his cap hit is $9.6 million ranked #15 (Andre Branch is #13) as a DE. Wake has the 5th highest cap hit on the team.

Unless he breaks down this year (doubtful) you extend him expecting him to play a supporting role as a 37 year old passrusher, not as an elite 28 year old passrusher.

Yea the Dolphins and Wake have a fluent relationship. This could get done today or in March . . . Or It could be on Wake at this point. He has earned the right to see this through . . . And you know what if this team underachieves and he wants to take a shot at a title in 2019 somewhere else, He deserves that and would have my fullest support.

He’ll still be an all time great Dolphin.

Back
Top Bottom