Camp Day 10 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp Day 10

Collins was an obvious A-hole though. I will mark a lot of this kids issues up to simple immaturity, and a gf that drove him nuts.

Being around grown men will, hopefully, give him a new perspective, and he will realize was he has to gain/lose by virtue of the devisions he makes.

“We’re all told we can no longer play the children’s games any more. Some of us are told at 14, some at 40. But we’re all told.”

Maybe he’s listening.

To be more precise I said I would bet a lot of money on that lineup being the opening lineup for Preseason Game #1.

I have insisted, and this was confirmed by Brian Flores this morning, that Chris Reed is being cross-trained at backup Center out of necessity, and this has provided the opportunity for the Dolphins to see what guys like Will Holden and Shaq Calhoun have at Right Guard, but that at some point Reed could be switched back over to get ready to be the starting Right Guard for the season.

When this all started, I thought the OL would probably be Laremy Tunsil, Michael Deiter, Daniel Kilgore, Chris Reed, and Jesse Davis, even after they signed Jordan Mills. To me, that is still where this should end up. But I understand the desire to see how deep the rabbit hole goes on Shaq Calhoun, and frankly even when I projected that lineup I allowed for the possibility that Shaq Calhoun might end up deemed more worthy of starting as a rookie (at Right Guard) than Michael Deiter.

And Ethan Skolnick brought up a great point on the podcast last night, though he was talking about Preston Williams when he did it. Brian Flores is going to be looking for these sorts of bottom-up unlikely hero stories. They really exemplify his "Takes No Talent" message. You get an undrafted guy like Shaq Calhoun that works his tail off, shows everything he needs to show, and beats more heralded players for the start, that drives Flores's message home.

Back
Top Bottom