Camp Day 10 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp Day 10

EBOAbkWXUAIIj92.jpg

Looks small

It's happened before in the NFL. The most obvious one being La'el Collins.

Though, that was a unique last-minute situation. It got complicated as I believe there was a threat from his agent, once they got beyond a certain point in the draft, saying if you draft me we're sitting out a year.

Though, that was a unique last-minute situation. It got complicated as I believe there was a threat from his agent, once they got beyond a certain point in the draft, saying if you draft me we're sitting out a year.
It was after the 3rd or 4th round... I believe he would have eventually signed as the 4th round contract would have paid him way more than the UDFA contract he signed in Dallas.. Different situation but we're talking about a 1st round talent (projected top 15) that was not drafted due to collusion amongst the teams that were concerned about him being questioned in a capital murder case where he wasn't even named a suspect. Looking back I'm sure Miami wishes they drafted him in 7th round. Nothing to really lose.

It's happened before in the NFL. The most obvious one being La'el Collins.
Collins was an obvious A-hole though. I will mark a lot of this kids issues up to simple immaturity, and a gf that drove him nuts.

Being around grown men will, hopefully, give him a new perspective, and he will realize was he has to gain/lose by virtue of the devisions he makes.

There was also a Bryan something, huge WR, too. I remember how upset the board was when he was cut and placed on the PS.
Also Marvin McNutt.... He was the talk of training camp making crazy circus catches, his OC from college at IA was our wr coach. He caught the game winner in the 4th preseason game, then was cut the next day....

Basically once day 2 was done they said dont bother drafting Collins they wanted to pick the team.

But yeah as you mentioned bad workout and the legal history/maturity were big. The workout though probably hurt more than anything as teams see big guys that dominate in college every year (now granted not all on Preston's numbers) so the question becomes how much is him just being a man amongst boys. Bad workouts made guys like Clarence Moore, Mario Uruttia, and James Hardy fall and turns out despite their size they just were not the athletes to compete in the NFL. Preston is impressing in his chances so he just has to keep at it. We at least know he is not at Roberto "Ankle Weights" Wallace level

It's gotten to the point where I'm getting blood sucking thirsty for Preston Williams tweets!!! This kid has me going bat chit crazy about his potential.
I hear you, but I can't help but feel were going to wake up three weeks down the line to Windows report how this lad creeps into a woman's apartment only to have her boyfriend turn on the bedroom light... Nah that only happens in the movies :-)

At this point -- it's looking absolutely absurd this kid wasn't drafted -- and grabbed by day2!

What he's done so far is look the same way he did in college -- like a dude on different level.

It's still way too early to tell, but if this progression continues he could become the best player

we've grabbed UDFA in years and years. Maybe ever!

Hard to not hype the kid at this point but -- wowser am I so thrilled we got this kid!
last great one was Wake, so we are due....

There was also a Bryan something, huge WR, too. I remember how upset the board was when he was cut and placed on the PS.

We once had a Brian Manning out of Stanford who looked really good in camp and in the preseason who was cut i think and fans were pretty confused about it at the time

Should be moved up to the 1's and have him switch off with Parker and Stills

Let X cover him for a bit and see what he can do

Let's see Preston Williams and DeVante Parker outside and Kenny in the slot (he played slot in NO) all preseason please.

Rest up Albert and Jakeem. I have no real interest in seeing Blacksails, Ford Motor Co., Brice (don't call me your) Butler, or any other WR on the roster before the starting WRs are pulled.

Last edited:
I hear you, but I can't help but feel were going to wake up three weeks down the line to Windows report how this lad creeps into a woman's apartment only to have her boyfriend turn on the bedroom light... Nah that only happens in the movies :)
That was indeed a sad situation for such a talented guy...what a waste..

Back
Top Bottom