Camp Report....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp Report.......

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
OK I'm going to write up a minor report for this the first day on the field.

First things first. No pads, no hitting, no rushing the passer, don't touch the Qb's, which means lets play some catch, while others work on schemes, and technique.

I'm going to get right into Say Owww. I see a man on a mission. Lost a step, too old? Maybe so, but this is a guy with pure instincts for football. He has not even been on the field with these guys, and only a couple of plays into practice he cuts thru the line, on a reverse to McKnight, and would have flattened him. Out of no where he reads the play in progress and makes a move thru the line. No matter what this is a huge upgrade over the other guy, whatshisname >?

As for Moore, he is another smallish Lb, but he looked pretty fluid covering guys. He is pretty fast, and myself being pissed when he was picked, will be watching this guy rather closely. But I liked what I saw from him today, seeming to welcome the competition for a job, which very well could be his, if Greenwood does not step it up.....SOON!

I was impressed big time with Thompson, he made three very nice catches, and is a lot faster than I thought. He also looks to have great upper body strength. His arms are very large.

McKnight also looked good, lets hope that having already been in the offense for a year makes him all the more better. He was a go to guy today.

Bellamy also looked real good.

Sam Simmons made nice receptions.

The new TE, Lee made one very nice catch. I thought he would be a bigger guy though, he looked kind of skinny to me. Maybe I envisioned him to be because of the way people raved about his blocking skills.

But the biggest impression I got today was from Tolver out of San Diego St. He was catching everything thrown at him. He twists his body like a pretzel. And as I'm writing this I'm reminded of a guy the Dolphins had in camp last year by the name of David Foye. He had people, including myself raving about him.........until the pads came on and the hitting really got hard. But for the first day of anything related to practices, Tolver got my vote for most impressive.

OK I'm hungry, and it's SUSHI NIGHT. They close in just over an hour so I'm gone for now, but let me leave you people with, what I thought was the best site in camp, besides the two fine cheerleaders walking around.

SEEING JAMIE NAILS PULLING A HUMAN SLED ON THE SIDELINES GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS!!!!! HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS ON SCHEDULE TO PLAY GAME ONE~!!

I'll post a little more later on tonight.

BTW I had the pleasure of meeting up with Zonk39 at practice today, and even though we have slapped high five's at games many times (we sit a couple of rows apart) we have never conversed. This is one heck of a Die Hard Dolphins fan people, and after talking too him for a bit, he is also very knowledgeable as well. Zonk, see you next time bro.

Thanks for the report. Sounds promising!

:booyeah:

Originally posted by Ozzy
OK I'm going to write up a minor report for this the first day on the field.

First things first. No pads, no hitting, no rushing the passer, don't touch the Qb's, which means lets play some catch, while others work on schemes, and technique.

I'm going to get right into Say Owww. I see a man on a mission. Lost a step, too old? Maybe so, but this is a guy with pure instincts for football. He has not even been on the field with these guys, and only a couple of plays into practice he cuts thru the line, on a reverse to McKnight, and would have flattened him. Out of no where he reads the play in progress and makes a move thru the line. No matter what this is a huge upgrade over the other guy, whatshisname >?

As for Moore, he is another smallish Lb, but he looked pretty fluid covering guys. He is pretty fast, and myself being pissed when he was picked, will be watching this guy rather closely. But I liked what I saw from him today, seeming to welcome the competition for a job, which very well could be his, if Greenwood does not step it up.....SOON!

I was impressed big time with Thompson, he made three very nice catches, and is a lot faster than I thought. He also looks to have great upper body strength. His arms are very large.

McKnight also looked good, lets hope that having already been in the offense for a year makes him all the more better. He was a go to guy today.

Bellamy also looked real good.

Sam Simmons made nice receptions.

The new TE, Lee made one very nice catch. I thought he would be a bigger guy though, he looked kind of skinny to me. Maybe I envisioned him to be because of the way people raved about his blocking skills.

But the biggest impression I got today was from Tolver out of San Diego St. He was catching everything thrown at him. He twists his body like a pretzel. And as I'm writing this I'm reminded of a guy the Dolphins had in camp last year by the name of David Foye. He had people, including myself raving about him.........until the pads came on and the hitting really got hard. But for the first day of anything related to practices, Tolver got my vote for most impressive.

OK I'm hungry, and it's SUSHI NIGHT. They close in just over an hour so I'm gone for now, but let me leave you people with, what I thought was the best site in camp, besides the two fine cheerleaders walking around.

SEEING JAMIE NAILS PULLING A HUMAN SLED ON THE SIDELINES GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS!!!!! HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS ON SCHEDULE TO PLAY GAME ONE~!!

I'll post a little more later on tonight.

BTW I had the pleasure of meeting up with Zonk39 at practice today, and even though we have slapped high five's at games many times (we sit a couple of rows apart) we have never conversed. This is one heck of a Die Hard Dolphins fan people, and after talking too him for a bit, he is also very knowledgeable as well. Zonk, see you next time bro.

Thank you Ozzy...being on the west coast this is such a great read for my sons and I.....we really appreciate it.

That's GREAT! :D I'm looking forward to seeing him play again!

Thanx Ozman, I thought i was gonna be wearing tealed color glasses but when i tried to take them off i noticed i didnt have any on.....I look foward to more of your posts......

P.S. No offense to the other guys reporting, you guys are all doing a wonderful job, any source of info is good for us out here on the W-Coast....Its just that the Ozman has been reporting for years now and is one of our all-time best....

Like always Ozzy excellent report....

Just one question:

How did Sage look?Some one said he looked good but another person said he looked awful.

Originally posted by minus
Like always Ozzy excellent report....

Just one question:

How did Sage look?Some one said he looked good but another person said he looked awful.

lets put it this way, the Qb's were spit up into two parts. Two with the Rb's, Fb's, and the other two were put in with the Wr's Te's. So keeping an eye on one or the other was hard to do.

BUT Sage threw a 50 yard bomb and hit the Wr in stride. The best pass of the day.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Thanx Ozman, I thought i was gonna be wearing tealed color glasses but when i tried to take them off i noticed i didnt have any on.....I look foward to more of your posts......

P.S. No offense to the other guys reporting, you guys are all doing a wonderful job, any source of info is good for us out here on the W-Coast....Its just that the Ozman has been reporting for years now and is one of our all-time best....

I'm using your post in reply West CoastFin because you were so kind, so thanks, to you and to EVERYONE who enjoyed it.

But guess what? I get 1,000 times the enjoyment out of this. I get to go to practice, see the new guys, and the old ones far more than most of you ever will.

So what I'm saying is, I feel it's the least I can do for Dolphans across the world. THE PLEASURE IS ALL MINE..............trust me

:D

BTW you were very correct that the others posting reports did an absolute excellent job. I read them all and loved them.

good work people

I'm using your post in reply West CoastFin because you were so kind, so thanks, to you and to EVERYONE who enjoyed it.

But guess what? I get 1,000 times the enjoyment out of this. I get to go to practice, see the new guys, and the old ones far more than most of you ever will.

So what I'm saying is, I feel it's the least I can do for Dolphans across the world. THE PLEASURE IS ALL MINE..............trust me

:D

BTW you were very correct that the others posting reports did an absolute excellent job. I read them all and loved them.

good work people

Well Ozzy .. let me just say, that FinHeaven is fortunate to have the type of members like yourself and the others who take the time to share what they saw in the camps... I usually read through every single one of the reports you all write... it's my ONLY objective insight to what goes on in Davie... being in NJ, it's impossible for me to see it myself...

Keep up the good work guys.... I think I speak for everyone here, that we all appreciate the perspective you all bring to the camps!!

:up:

I ty already at the DT board but I'll do it here too. Ozzy rules and then Ozzy rules too...lol please keep an eye on my guy Tolver(all he does is catch passes) and also on crash Jenkins.

Just out of curiosity who did he hit? Bellamy?

Thanks, Ozzy...

That gave me a little fix for my football jones...

And as I'm writing this I'm reminded of a guy the Dolphins had in camp last year by the name of David Foye. He had people, including myself raving about him.........until the pads came on and the hitting really got hard. But for the first day of anything related to practices, Tolver got my vote for most impressive.
JR has 128 reasons to make you believe he can play in pads :D

thanx Ozzy - man I am jealous of you Floridians...

as DCH reported - do not forget to check out Amber, too ;)

Back
Top Bottom