Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp

Here’s the thing. You kind of have to see why states like Montana have such small amount of cases. Montana for example is a huge state with only about a million ppl. It’s a very rural area where there just aren’t a lot of ppl to in close contact to put in danger
I would assume the low amount of cases is due to the low population and density of said population.

I really don't think it's feasable to set up camp in the middle of nowhere. You need playing fields, housing, medical facilities, food, infrastructure, etc. Therefore you would need to be near a populated area, and be in contact with the same amount of ppl as if they were here.

What is the difference in that, or just operating a "closed facility" in Davie?

I would assume the low amount of cases is due to the low population and density of said population.

I really don't think it's feasable to set up camp in the middle of nowhere. You need playing fields, housing, medical facilities, food, infrastructure, etc. Therefore you would need to be near a populated area, and be in contact with the same amount of ppl as if they were here.

What is the difference in that, or just operating a "closed facility" in Davie?
If they operate in a closed facility I’m sure it could work. But can they do a no one in/no one out with complete isolation? Cause if not it would defeat the purpose.
I hope this conversation doesn’t get moved cause we are def on topic

I
If they operate in a closed facility I’m sure it could work. But can they do a no one in/no one out with complete isolation? Cause if not it would defeat the purpose.
I hope this conversation doesn’t get moved cause we are def on topic
In the "old days", players were required to stay/sleep at the facility during TC. They couldn't go home at night. They had curfews, bed checks, etc.

I'm not saying teams can still operate that way, but there are ways to mitigate risks for Phins training camp.

Here’s the thing. You kind of have to see why states like Montana have such small amount of cases. Montana for example is a huge state with only about a million ppl. It’s a very rural area where there just aren’t a lot of ppl to in close contact to put in danger

Don't the majority of people in Montana live in cities or within 25 miles of a city?

Don't the majority of people in Montana live in cities or within 25 miles of a city?
No idea. I don’t exactly have a well thought out plan in place. I just think that if they wanted to hold tc somewhere else where the numbers aren’t absolutely nuts like they are here they can

I think the chance of actually playing the season is probably less than 50%. Like everyone on here I would love to see football this season but it appears the virus will end up having the last word on the NFL season.

I think the chance of actually playing the season is probably less than 50%. Like everyone on here I would love to see football this season but it appears the virus will end up having the last word on the NFL season.
Yoy have been saying this repeatedly for months, without any evidence, or reason, beyond your own feelz brother.

I like, and respect your posts, as a rule, but it's getting depressing, as well as repetitive.

Now, even when, litterally, everything points to a go for camp and season, can we not be so contrarian?

let's see how baseball and basketball do. Football may have to limit travelling. Not sure how that can be done when there has been no plan in place

Back
Top Bottom