Campbell v. Walter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Campbell v. Walter

cowtowndick

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
The hype is driving the price for Campbell up to a dizzying level. Late first round? No way. What about Walter - great potential, would come at a much more attractive and realistic price.

burger13 said:
I think that late first round is fine for Campbell....I'd take him over Rodgers.
No disrespect intended, but why? I don't get the Campbell hype, this guy has Akili Smith written all over him. OK, maybe not that bad...

Campbell is a leader, and he blossomed when he was finally given some stability in the offense....I think that I heard that he had something like 3-4 different Offensive coordinators while at Auburn and last year was his first with a QB caoch. He has ideal measureables and a strong arm.

cowtowndick said:
No disrespect intended, but why? I don't get the Campbell hype, this guy has Akili Smith written all over him. OK, maybe not that bad...

He reminds of Quincy Carter... Almost to a T. Very hot and cold throughout his whole career, followed by a more consistent senior year. Take a look at his whole career though...

2003 10 TD, 8 INT. 2267

2002 11 TD, 5 INT, 1215

2001 4 TD, 4 INT, 1117 yards

Basically his job was to hand the ball off to the backs. His role expanded in his senior year, but wasn't asked to be a great QB.

2004 big game-
Virginia Tech 11/16, 1 TD, 1 INT, 189 yards (W16-13)

2003 big game-
USC 12/26, 0 TD, 1 INT, 121 yards (L0-23
Wisconsin 10/22, 0 TD, 1 INT, 138 (W28-14)

The list could go on... Basically every bowl game he was average. People like Skip Bayless (who is a total ******) think he's going before 25... Amazing.

Rogers is 10x the prospect and will be 10x the player that campbell is.

Back
Top Bottom