Can any o-lineman we draft have an immediate impact? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can any o-lineman we draft have an immediate impact?

Not true he would still be drafted off of pure athleticism and pass blocking prowess which is what we need badly.

coach72 said:
I wish. I think Britt will be taken way before then.

Not with his history of breaking the same leg twice in 2 years....sounds chronic.

Mr Fan said:
Not with his history of breaking the same leg twice in 2 years....sounds chronic.
if i were a leg and had to carry all that weight around i'd break too just to give myself some time off

jnewmant said:
if i were a leg and had to carry all that weight around i'd break too just to give myself some time off

:lol:

Unfortunately as much as I like him he is 6-8 and "only" about 315. Only in the NFL would that be considered light. I wonder what carrying 335+ on his frame would do?

Mr Fan said:
:lol:

Unfortunately as much as I like him he is 6-8 and "only" about 315. Only in the NFL would that be considered light. I wonder what carrying 335+ on his frame would do?
probably break his other leg

I like Michael Munoz, OT Tennessee Projected Round 3-4; Or Chris Colmer, OT N.C. State Projected Round 2-3
If someone could show a description it would be great.

Michael Munoz
OT | (6'5", 306, 5.4) | TENNESSEE

Scouts Grade: 78

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy
View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Has very good overall size and frame. Is technically sound. Takes very good angles and consistently will get in position as a run blocker. Has adequate mobility. Does a better job as a downfield blocker than his recorded speed would indicate. He takes good angles, has good initial quickness and is fluid. Will get out and cut linebackers in space. Is a savvy player. Plays with leverage, uses his hands well and does a good job of locking on, driving his legs and working to finish. He has a quick set in pass pro. Has long arms, great hand placement, and does a very good job of stonewalling edge rushers. Is a good athlete for his size, as well. He plays with balance and leverage. Is able to get set versus top edge rushers and also has the athletic ability to re-direct back inside versus the double move.

Weaknesses: Has recovered fully from 2001 knee injury but durability is still a major factor. He also has been nicked a lot throughout his career and has had to play through some ankle and shoulder problems. He has good size and is tough, but lacks explosive power. Does not jar defenders back with his hand punch. Works to finish in the running game but will not engulf or "pancake" many defenders. He is not massive or overpowering in the running game. Is a bit too much of a "finesse" player.

Overall: Munoz started all 12 games as a true freshman in 2000 but wound up missing his entire sophomore season in 2001 with a knee injury. He returned as an 11-game starter as a redshirt sophomore in 2002 and started every game in 2003 as a team captain in his junior season. Munoz finally began to live up to expectations as a senior in 2004. For the first time in his career at Tennessee, Munoz did not have to undergo surgery in the offseason leading up to 2004, which allowed him to fully participate in workouts and training sessions that he had missed in previous offseason. The extra work in the spring and summer paid off. Munoz is bigger and stronger, and he looked quicker as a senior than ever before. He is not the most physically dominating tackle in this year's class and his history of injuries will surely cost him on draft day. But Munoz has good size, quickness and technique. He will fit well in a scheme such as the Patriots, which emphasizes efficiency over dominating size and strength. Regardless, his strong play as a senior helped his draft value tremendously and we expect Munoz to come off the draft board somewhere in the late-Day 1 range.

Chris Colmer
OT | (6'5", 310, 5.35) | NORTH CAROLINA ST

Scouts Grade: 79

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy
View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Has good overall size. Has a big frame and solid bulk Is a tough, aggressive, efficient player. Has good initial quickness. Does a nice job with his first step and comes out of his stance with leverage. Takes good angles as a run blocker. Will keep his legs moving and will work to sustain as a run blocker. Has very good overall bulk and strength. Has adequate quickness in his set in pass pro. Is quick in the short area and shows good awareness in pass pro.

Weaknesses: Durability and health are major concerns. Is not a great athlete. Will probably need to play the ROT position in the NFL. Will need to be protected from some speed rushers that will force him on his heels and catch him off-balance with double moves back inside. Has good initial quickness in pass pro but will over-extend at times against faster edge rushers and will have trouble recovering.

Overall: Colmer was a sixth-year senior in 2004 that endured a lot of hardship throughout his college career but finished strong and showed a lot of toughness and character along the way. He took over as a starter in his redshirt freshman season in 2001, but his durability and health caused him major setbacks along the way. He broke his wrist as a senior in high school in 1998, underwent right shoulder surgery during his redshirt season in 1999 and also missed spring drills due to ankle surgery in 2002. Colmer started all 14 games in 2002 but sat out the 2003 season with a rare disease named Parsonage-Turner syndrome, which possibly was brought on by a viral infection, and it caused pain, numbness, tingling and weakness from his left shoulder down to his biceps and into his forearm. Prior to the 2003 injury, Colmer was considered a top-five offensive tackle prospect in last year's draft class. Colmer is likely to slip on draft day because of all the injury and health concerns but he helped his cause greatly by bouncing back as an effective fulltime starter in 2004. He is not a great athlete but he is quick, tough, aggressive and technically sound. Colmer is a right tackle prospect that most likely will come off the board late on Day 1.

where do u find this information at; do u have a link

i am a subscriber there and i never knew i had access to that, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom