Can Fins Surprise the NFL?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Fins Surprise the NFL??

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Alright.. a few years ago..The Carolina Panthers had a filthy 1-15 season. I believe it was the following year that they went to the Super Bowl against New England? Someone correct me if I'm wrong..If it wasn't following that 1-15 year, it was following something like a 4-12 season where they came out and just beat everybody at the end of the season..Too bad they didnt' beat the Pats...Anyway..How bout them fins Surprising EVERYBODY (including me) and whooping some @$$ to get into the playoffs and go deep?

All that is true, but a first year coach with a team? I find it unlikely the fins will have a good season in sabans first season. I wish everyone would calm down, my expectations is to top 4 wins :) I expect to do better every year, by the 3rd year I expect to be competing for the super bowl.

I think Miami will have a great chance of doing the same

It will be touch but definetely possible. We had more talent then 4-12 last season.

Oh of course..I am calm about this season. I don't see anything incredible happening..I see us at somewhere around 8-8 or even 9-7...But NOBODY thought the Panthers were gonna do anything that year either! We have a better D than they do..that's for sure.

Only if our QB gets his head out of his @$$ and starts to make the right plays!

The Panthers went 7-9 following the 1-15 year.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Only if our QB gets his head out of his @$$ and starts to make the right plays!

it wasn't fully the QBs fault since our o-line didn't give him much time plus the fact that everybody knew we had to pass the ball with the lack of a good RB

nick19991 said:
it wasn't fully the QBs fault since our o-line didn't give him much time plus the fact that everybody knew we had to pass the ball with the lack of a good RB

He stunk and paniced more then once. He needs to step it up big time or Gus will be the QB!

Feeley made Jay look like an All- Pro!

I think the Phins have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. When you factor in everything, it really is a possibility. Our biggest question mark will be the performance at the QB position. That will ultimately determine how far we go.

BringBackShula said:
Oh of course..I am calm about this season. I don't see anything incredible happening..I see us at somewhere around 8-8 or even 9-7...But NOBODY thought the Panthers were gonna do anything that year either! We have a better D than they do..that's for sure.

8-8 or 9-7 would be a very good season, anthing on top of that is just extra. I think it's good to be optamistic and to set high goals but fans in general need to be cautious, this is a new coach with a new scheme and he doens't have all the players he needs yet. With that being said,I think we can all agree that we had more than 4-12 talent last year so 8-8 with a full allotment of draft choices and cap space for a 2nd or 1st tier FA would not far fetched at all

SCall13 said:
I think the Phins have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. When you factor in everything, it really is a possibility. Our biggest question mark will be the performance at the QB position. That will ultimately determine how far we go.

I agree 100% :wink:

nando03 said:
It will be touch but definetely possible. We had more talent then 4-12 last season.

100% Agree
I will start with just the AFCeast, We had alot of close games last year and it all depends what we do in our division first...I think we did a good job this off season and in the draft to help close the gap ...

if you listen to all the lurkers that come here we did nothing!! and they did so much.
That's where the surprise will come-- we have to be better than 4-12 with what we did--the Dolphins just have to prove it to The Bills, Patriots & Jets first then the rest will open thier eyes!!! :cooldude: Give it time--You can feel it!!!

Back
Top Bottom