Can Ford Really Make Carroo Expendable… Or Is It Just Hype? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Ford Really Make Carroo Expendable… Or Is It Just Hype?

We traded 2 valuable future picks for Carroo. The fact that he's competing for the 6th spot says more about this situation than anything Ford has done on the practice field. Carroo probably doesn't belong in the NFL, but the resources devoted to him has kept him on the roster.

Carroo is making Carroo expendable.

Agree. Reality is, he's kept his spot partly do to draft cost. That ship has sailed. It's not as if every other team doesn't miss on trades up. Admit the mistake. To be fair, Carroo may 'light it up' in coming practices, but I've seen no hints.

This guy was doomed from the moment he was drafted. The wrong team drafted him as we didn't need him at all and there was no way to get him snaps over Stills, Parker and Landry. It was a wasted pick(S) and he can't even play ST's. Maybe we can trade him for a 9th round pick.

I'm a believer in Jakeem Grant, so all I can say is, good luck to Isaiah Ford, because boy is there a lot of talent in front of him.

i still feel like if carroo shows out in training camp, I'm not holding my breath, but im also not saying it wouldn't be welcome since he is a member of the fins, but anyways if carroo looks good, I think ford only gets minute action in preseason so they can try to stash him on the PS again.

I think they are trying to get Parker's replacement in case he doesn't shine. Good luck.

I'm a believer in Jakeem Grant, so all I can say is, good luck to Isaiah Ford, because boy is there a lot of talent in front of him.
You and me both in regards to Grant.
Note: Caroo is making himself expendable IMO, he doesn't seem to want it bad enough, kind of wait and see approach.

This guy was doomed from the moment he was drafted. The wrong team drafted him as we didn't need him at all and there was no way to get him snaps over Stills, Parker and Landry. It was a wasted pick(S) and he can't even play ST's. Maybe we can trade him for a 9th round pick.

I don't necessarily agree with this. We were fortunate that none of them got bit by a season ending injury. Perhaps on another team, a 4th wide out gets much more playing time and fans are glad they had that depth.

If we go for six on the active roster you would have to think it will be the guy who is contributing the most on special teams. It might not be those two either as someone like Morgan could step in.

I think Carroo can make Carroo expendable. He has to step up big time or someone will take his spot whether it's Ford or some other receiver.

I would have to give the edge to Ford right now. We will see how camp goes and who makes the most of there time on the field.

I'm more positive on Carroo than most people, but I think any NFL future he has might be with his second team and not the Dolphins. While I also like Ford I'm not sure either has that much more value over some practice squad options or vet free agents that might be available during the season. I'm not sure I see the value of keeping 6 receivers, seeing that Wilson, Amendola, Grant, Parker and Stills are pretty much roster locks barring injuries or trade. I'm a believer in the theory that with so many college teams throwing throwing the ball there will always be number 5 or 6 type receivers that you can get as free agents during the season or by poaching another team's practice squad. For example if Miami needed a receiver to produce this season I don't think Carroo's or Ford's odds are much better than someone like veteran Michael Floyd or Marquess Wilson and Floyd isn't on a roster at the moment and it's unlikely Wilson will be come September. Or you can think of it this way, if there are 15 to 20 rookie receivers on rosters come September that means there are 20 players that were deemed roster worthy last season that will be on the market.
Those are good points. Maybe keep a wr on the practice squad, but that sixth player probably won't see much playing time. Plus, the team finally has some legitimate options at tight end so they may keep a few more players there.

I just hope Miami cut Caroo soon because I've been listening to posters here whine about that f***ing draft trade for three years and I'm sick of it. Then I can devote all my time here to avoiding Tannehill threads.

Back
Top Bottom