Can free agency drastically improve the Miami Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can free agency drastically improve the Miami Dolphins?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Omar it is no longer "Trifecta", but rather "Triumphvurant":d-day:
This is the calm before tonight’s storm, but I’m expecting this year’s start of free agency to be quite different than years past. Quiet in fact because of the new financial landscape.
Everyone and their momma is expecting the Miami Dolphins to be in the Karlos Dansby sweepstakes. However, their supposed interest in the Cardinals inside linebacker might just be a smokescreen because I can’t remember the last time the Trifecta was this transparent about their REAL intentions.
TheTrifecta150x96-1.jpg
The Trifecta at work

I’m told Bill Parcells is an excellent poker players, especially when it comes to free agency. He doesn’t bluff on offers, avoids bidding wars, and he rarely ever shows his hand.
From what I’ve gathered talking to those in the know the past few days (NFL people are like gossiping teenagers around this time) Dansby is looking to trump the five-year, $40 million deal the Jets gave Bart Scott last season. That deal paid Scott $27 million in the first three years.
The team that doesn’t get Dansby likely jumps to the front of the line for the draft’s top inside linebacker.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/03/can-free-agency-drastically-improve-the-miami-dolphins.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

This is the smallest FA season in many many years.

And the only guy we want/need wants really really big money.

I think this call is as much as a Ross call then anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom