Can Grier survive Flores? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Grier survive Flores?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ross kind of presented Grier as a package deal with Flores, but it seems like the expectation is that Grier could eventually fire Flores and retain his job. I think Grier should be tied to Flores.

He's already outlasted several regimes in which he has played a crucial role in talent acquisition. I can't think of a scenario where it would be fair for him to survive the firing of his hand-selected HC hire.

Yes, he's kind of positioned this whole thing as a tank, and losing a lot is part of that process early on, but there was also an expectation that the man he hired for HC was the right one to lead the Dolphins out of this dark time and into success into the future. If Flores can't deliver on that promise, Grier should be on the way out with him. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Grier is the idiot....I mean really. The guy is a student of Jeff Ireland. Grier is beyond the ultimate debacle!! He is a one man Armageddon.

I was worrying this offseason if it wasn’t Grier that was ONE of the big problems to begin with. I do not want to rush to judgment, it was only one game and this team was not built to win.

On the other hand, if this team ends up being a team that isn’t even competitive, something must be done. The 2007 team was 1-15 but they competed and were in almost all the games.

They'll both be gone within two years

If they're gonna be gone in 2 years, and thats highly likely, then why let them use all of that draft capital after this season. Just fire them after the season and let the new guy pick "his" guys.

If they're gonna be gone in 2 years, and thats highly likely, then why let them use all of that draft capital after this season. Just fire them after the season and let the new guy pick "his" guys.
Agreed. Then again, Ross will probably pick a rookie GM and head coach to be trendy, anyway. Ross is the real problem with this team.

I wonder if we're going to be talking about Grier on a daily basis for the rest of the season. At this point Grier's job is pretty much done for this season. He got rid of everyone they wanted to get rid of and all the bad contracts other than Jones's which is hard to do. Maybe he'll get traded at some point this year and if not then he'll be cut during the off season.

Grier will at last be judge this coming off season with part two of the rebuild. Part one was getting rid of players/contracts.
Part two is bringing new free agents and the draft. We'll see how he does then but at this moment what is the point of going on and on about what he's done in the past? If it was up to me he'd have been gone long ago but he's not. I'm hoping for a great off season tho I'm not holding my breath.

I wonder if we're going to be talking about Grier on a daily basis for the rest of the season. At this point Grier's job is pretty much done for this season. He got rid of everyone they wanted to get rid of and all the bad contracts other than Jones's which is hard to do. Maybe he'll get traded at some point this year and if not then he'll be cut during the off season.

Grier will at last be judge this coming off season with part two of the rebuild. Part one was getting rid of players/contracts.
Part two is bringing new free agents and the draft. We'll see how he does then but at this moment what is the point of going on and on about what he's done in the past? If it was up to me he'd have been gone long ago but he's not. I'm hoping for a great off season tho I'm not holding my breath.

I honestly don't get the logic that people use.
Even when the team had some talent he let Philbin and Gase get atleast 3 season.
Yet, this is the least talented team we've had, by design, and he's going to fire the people he told to make it that way? After their FIRST game?

WHHHHAT????

Because it's a stupid idea and a stupid thread. Flores and Grier are getting 3 years minimum and all they need to do is show growth each year.
This year is a complete wash...

Back
Top Bottom