Can Grier survive Flores? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Grier survive Flores?

It doesn't matter how many draft picks the Dolphins have the next couple of years if they don't know how to draft the right players. That's the biggest problem facing this team moving forward. I don't trust Grier at all. How many impact players has he drafted? He should have been fired with Gase and Tannebaum.

Ross kind of presented Grier as a package deal with Flores, but it seems like the expectation is that Grier could eventually fire Flores and retain his job. I think Grier should be tied to Flores.

He's already outlasted several regimes in which he has played a crucial role in talent acquisition. I can't think of a scenario where it would be fair for him to survive the firing of his hand-selected HC hire.

Yes, he's kind of positioned this whole thing as a tank, and losing a lot is part of that process early on, but there was also an expectation that the man he hired for HC was the right one to lead the Dolphins out of this dark time and into success into the future. If Flores can't deliver on that promise, Grier should be on the way out with him. Thoughts?
I think the story is more dressed for-
"Surviving Grier: A Brian Flores Story"

Grier only knows mediocrity. 20 years of it.

Sure he's done a good job tearing things down. That's the easy part.

Picking players is the hard part. What good does it do for us if the person picking the players only drafts mediocrity?

We'll be back to wear we started: 8-8.

Who knew that you could practice all off-season with one group of players and then fire 15 of them, 5 days before the first game and look completely incompetent?

Anyone who doesn't think that both Greer and Flores will be here 3 years from today, I have a shiny bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap.

Flores has a 5 year contract because he agreed to the tear down to the foundation mandate from Ross. It's a major reason why Gase is no longer here. As far as Greer goes, an argument can be made that he along with Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie are doing too good or obvious a job of tanking, especially after Ross saw how successful we were in meaningless exhibition games.

Whether it will all be worth it requires several years of good top draft picks and prudent free agent signings with that Kings Ransom of cap space remains to be seen. But so far both Flores and the FO are doing what the owner wants them to do, albeit a little too obviously.

I mean if I am the GM, I draft Tua and hire Lincoln Riley and go out and make someone the highest paid DC in the league. I am not sure on the DC yet. But we'd be cooking with gas if that happened.

Because it's a stupid idea and a stupid thread. Flores and Grier are getting 3 years minimum and all they need to do is show growth each year.
This year is a complete wash...
Correct but without that growth Flores will be gone sooner and should and Grier probably

Anyone watch the Raiders last night?

One year after trading Mack and looking inept on the field, they looked aggressive on D and efficient on O.

Things can turn around quickly with the right players and coaches.

Maybe Grier and Flores can do it. I hope so. Otherwise, get a dump truck fully of money and visit a proven guy like Cowher

How about we wait until game..TWO before we fire everyone? cool? yeah?
I am looking to at least game 8. First 4 games are brutal. I am most interested if they keep certain players in certain new positions and how much they struggle. Churn was the excuse last week and that was understandable but that excuse has sailed this week.

Personally I want Grier and Flores fired yesterday. The longer we wait to fire these two the longer we wait to start the rebuilding process

I’m actually wondering if Flores can survive a defensive coordinator who doesn’t plan for a passing attack?

Back
Top Bottom