Can Grier survive Flores? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Grier survive Flores?

No. IMHO, these two are joined at the hip.

This isn't Grier's first rodeo. He was here during the Tannenbaum years mostly as well. He picked Charles Harris. He's had wins and losses. In the big power struggle, he won. He got other high profile personnel people to rebuild his front office. He got his coach. He orchestrated the tactic to tank. He'll get through this season and next year once we start to show improvement he'll last through there as well. Hopefully he'll last until 2021 and if we continue to improve he'll last beyond that. But if/when Coach Flo gets fired, Grier will be looking for work too. Ross is all-in on him. Ross gave him everything he wanted. Now Grier's decisions are his, and they have to work, or he will not survive.

Assuming he lasts a long time, he may see a new owner, and the new owner will bring in his own guys. Chances are Grier doesn't survive that. But, if Coach Flo gets fired, the chances are so does Chris Grier. But when he does, he'll land another job somewhere, because he's going to be seen as a valuable commodity in a front office. Just my $0.02.

My original post is not about whether Grier should be fired this year, it’s whether he should be fired along with Flores whenever (or if) it happens. I fully expect Grier and Flores to be here in 2020, no matter the results of this season. This was the plan going on. Short of 40+ point drubbings in 16 straight losses, I don’t see that plan changing for Ross.

But if in Year 3 Flores teams are still not competing, Grier should be canned along with him IMO.
Then why didn't you just say THIS IN THE ORIGINAL POST??? Smh.

Then why didn't you just say THIS IN THE ORIGINAL POST??? Smh.

I said nothing about a timeline for firings at all in the original post, yet people seemed to be responding to it as if I was talking about them being fired this year. I was simply clarifying with this post...

Back
Top Bottom