can I ask your opinion on Damon Huard. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can I ask your opinion on Damon Huard.

wonderl33t

Club Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to this board, but have been a Dolphins fan since age 6 in 1990...

I'm wondering all of your opinion on Damon Huard. I like Fiedler now, but when Marino retired, I thought Huard would easily be Miami's next starting QB. I was extremely impressed with his 6-1 record in place of Marino. I really felt like he had been hosed when Fiedler came over and was magically named starter. Anyone else feel the same way? What is/was your opinion on this matter?

I was a Huard supporter. I didn't think Much of Jay when we brought him in, and his 3 INT pre-season performance to win him the starting job did nothing but piss me off.

However as the season wore on, Jay grew on me, and I have since become somewhat of a Fiedler supporter.

Huard went to the Patriots, and quickly became the number three guy, so I don't think we lost much.

I expected Huard to be the starter but,...

Once I saw and understood what Chan Gailey was trying to do with our offense, it became apparent that Huard was not a realistic choice to be effective with implementing all the aspects of Gailey's offensive scheme.

Chan's offense required an athletic QB. No if's, and's, or butts...it was a requirement. They had to go with Fiedler. Once you accept the truth of that fact it makes sense why things developed the way they did.

That being said...I do think that Huard would be a better fit for NORV's offense, where the emphasis is on timing, accuracy, and smart decision making.

That 5-1 record was the ugliest 5-1 record I've ever seen. Huard never looked comfortable in the pocket or in control. Never in command. I'm sure our horrid offensive line didn't do much to quell his fears (remember the Patriots sacking him 9 times, beating him to a pulp)??

He was a tough guy. He got it done. But man was it ugly.

I as well was a Huard supporter. I remembering hearing on the radio how some fans were Fiedler supporters....I didn't even know who he was. (I wasn't too big into football at the time). Well now I beleive we made the right choice in choosing our QB,

Originally posted by Prime Time
I as well was a Huard supporter. I remembering hearing on the radio how some fans were Fiedler supporters....I didn't even know who he was. (I wasn't too big into football at the time). Well now I beleive we made the right choice in choosing our QB,

Hey PT, we agree :D

Huard would have taken a beating if QB us back then. He has a huge case of RobJohnsonitis

Back
Top Bottom