Can I get an honest opinion on Turner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can I get an honest opinion on Turner?

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
I have watched Turner for many years as my best friend is a Cowboys nut.

He was good when he had overwhelming talent on his O-line.

Since he has been here however, he hasn't shown much of an improvement. The team had a decent to good O-line last year and the team was still marginal on offense.

I wrote this up to being his first year with the team and them getting used to his schemes.

Now this year, he just didn't seem to do enough to accentuate the teams positives and hide their weaknesses. Isn't that the job of the coach?

I didn't see a ton of schemes designed to open things for our best WR, Chris Chambers. The team has alot of decent depth at WR and yet he refuses to alter his approach of only using two WR at a time.

Does anyone else feel he underutilized his WR and didn't use an approach that could have helped take pressure off of the O-line?

Or do other feel with a QB that can run his sytem he'll be fine?

My overall point is that an O-coordinator should find ways to get his players the ball and put them in the best situation to succeed. Did Turner do that this year? Was the offense we ran the best that could have been run?

I have my doubts as to if we could have opened things up with Jay's ineptitude, but I also feel more plays that are not seenf often would've helped more. It's kinda like how offensive coordinators love to play us since we use the exact same defense 70% of the time. (not my words, ESPN and CBS words)

Back
Top Bottom