Can Josh Rosen Find Success With Dolphins? Here's What To Expect As Qb Looks To Bounce Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Josh Rosen Find Success With Dolphins? Here's What To Expect As Qb Looks To Bounce Back

His assessment of our secondary is full of contradictions. He says we’re a secondary with B+ Guys then goes the other way in his individual assessment by saying good Minkah is a superstar, Howard is the best unknown playmaker, and McCain is like the honey badger (lol). Maybe the rest of his interview was better but that part was pretty awful.
The McCain to Matthieu comparison is a bad comp imo..Wish we had that guy on our team.

McCain isn’t even a “poor man’s” honey badger. He’s dreadful and hopefully one of the first contracts purged next year.

What on earth? Where did you get he was dreadful? His natural position is slot corner. We're asking him to be a roaming free safety with more man coverage duties, almost like the Joker LB position but in the secondary.

Hes dreadful on the boundary. That much I'll give you, but he should've never been in there in the first place.

What on earth? Where did you get he was dreadful? His natural position is slot corner. We're asking him to be a roaming free safety with more man coverage duties, almost like the Joker LB position but in the secondary.

Hes dreadful on the boundary. That much I'll give you, but he should've never been in there in the first place.

His tape shows him regularly out of position, exhibiting poor technique, slow to read and react, and a tendency to be grabby often resulting on Drive extending penalties. He is a replacement level player whose contract extension was on par with Branch and Kiko. None of them should’ve been re-signed. One down, two to go.

Hey this article highlights how the bad coaching in Arizona was the leading contibuter in Rosens downfall.

Soo that puts the question out there if Rosen looks as bad here as in Arizona wsd Rosen a bad pick or was Flores and company.

Interesting delimia if it happens hopefully not.

every NFL QB looks significantly worse behind a bad OL. Even HOFrs. No sane person disputes that. Bad coaching makes things worse. I'm still of the opinion the make or break trait of a successful NFL QB is the mental part. Can he diagnose Ds? Can he instantly spot and hit an open receiver? Can he audible out of bad plays? Rosen seemed to do well the first 2-3 games so I'm guardedly optimistic. The down side is, we've seen roolie QBs scarred by a bad team and never recover. For Rosen to show me he's capable in the mental part won't take 16 or 12 games. There should be some evidence by game 4.

every NFL QB looks significantly worse behind a bad OL. Even HOFrs. No sane person disputes that. Bad coaching makes things worse. I'm still of the opinion the make or break trait of a successful NFL QB is the mental part. Can he diagnose Ds? Can he instantly spot and hit an open receiver? Can he audible out of bad plays? Rosen seemed to do well the first 2-3 games so I'm guardedly optimistic. The down side is, we've seen roolie QBs scarred by a bad team and never recover. For Rosen to show me he's capable in the mental part won't take 16 or 12 games. There should be some evidence by game 4.

The situation in Arizona was about as bad as it gets... no place for a rookie QB trying to figure everything out...the inevitable happened...Rosen eventually started trying to force it and that always looks bad!

Give him adequate protection and a good scheme and he will flourish....he did not have that last year.

He even had the misfortune in the beginning when he had the healthiest line he had all year...when he was throwing at an extremely high level...of having several key drops that would have been a confidence inducing upset of Seattle.

The deck is definitely stacked against rosen. Better year than mariota? Yeah I can buy it. I fully expect tannehill to start at some point in Tennessee this year.

Back
Top Bottom