Can KC play hardball? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can KC play hardball?

dolfan4good

Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a GOOD corner that may be cut after June 1st for salary cap reasons? Possibly Woodson? If so, I wonder if KC is willing to wait until after June 1st to make the deal? Any thoughts?

Edit: Or does Saban keep Surtain no matter what after the draft since we can only get future picks at that point?

They could play hardball and trade for Woodson instead but I think it would cost them more and he isnt as good. No corner will be available after June 1st that Ive heard about that is as good as Surtain.

And I have no problem with getting future picks for Surtain and I dont see why Saban would mind either.

DonShula84 said:
They could play hardball and trade for Woodson instead but I think it would cost them more and he isnt as good. No corner will be available after June 1st that Ive heard about that is as good as Surtain.

And I have no problem with getting future picks for Surtain and I dont see why Saban would mind either.
I really don't see any way that KC trades for Woodson. The Raiders seem to be asking for a 1st rounder, he isn't as good as Surtain AND inter-division trades rarely happen. I really think the Surtain trade will happen, most likely for a combo of picks(no 2nd rounder this year) and it will happen the day before or the day of the draft.

A team with a Defense as bad as theirs cannot play hardball. They may think they can, but if the phins don't budge than they are up Sh!ts creek again. Oh and for all of the speculation on the Woodson trade. How many times do you see an all pro player get traded to a division rival??? Seems like a pretty foolish rumor...

Back
Top Bottom