Can Kindley Really Be Worse Than Jackson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Kindley Really Be Worse Than Jackson?

To be fair on Grant, it wasn't dropping one punt that got him traded. It was being useless for five+ seasons.

For the record, Grant had 293 touches in Miami -- 91 receptions, 12 rushes, 190 returns. He fumbled 12 times. That's a ton.
Those are atrocious ball security numbers but he was far from useless as a returner.

He had his moments.

Erect Flowers currently had a 70.4 off grade with 1 sack and 0 penalties in 461 snaps this season. Also, we’re basically paying his salary to play for WFT.

Let that sink in.
Who’s their OL coach? Bring him in. They actually have a good staff. Little Norv is their OC I think. It’s too bad Fitz was hurt. I bet he could have done well there. At least for a little while. Their defense pulled an “us” too. Lol

I hated the pick at 18

I hated his rookie season

I currently hate his 2nd year

What makes me sick is thinking of the guys we could have had instead. Jackson is atrocious and Grier is atrocious for picking him.

Those are atrocious ball security numbers but he was far from useless as a returner.

He had his moments.
Kick returners -- for lack of a better word -- are useless in today's NFL unless they do anything besides take a knee in the endzone. He had three punt returns for touchdowns in his career but that doesn't match the number of fumbles he lost -- just this year alone he fumbled twice on punts.

I don't know your value on a explosive but fumble prone returner whose position on offense is a receiver who can't catch the ball, but it's really low in book.

Good question, OP. Kindley's kind of the forgotten man. Last year, I thought he was the best of the rookie lineman early in the season.

I think it's clear that the coaching staff wants to give Jackson every opportunity to develop.

I've about had it watching Austin Jackson attempt to play offensive line in the NFL. I think the only thing that disgusts me more is Flores continuing to let him trot out there, putting his QB1 at jeopardy every snap. I know Kindley has had his ups and downs, but at this point I don't know how Flo can justify keeping Jackson on the starting unit. Let's get Kindley out there and see how he looks playing next to Liam.
No he can't. The whole line has "regressed" since last year. How can that happen? Pizz poor coaching, that's how. Kindley Is a bull, a mauler and a natural left guard. When he came back from injury and was put on the left he flurished and the runs to that side were much improved. And all the kindley is so fat is nonsense. Kids a lifeguard at his size and just competed and recertified this past summer. Few guys half his size here could pass the ocean lifeguard test. There has never been a peep from flo about big fish being to fat to compete. One guy started that and it was that ignoramus omar and suddenly everyone is saying how fat kindley is.

This new 1st timer o-line "coach" is a menace. He has no biz doing anything on an o-line but but hand out gatorade or towles. He must be some relative or homeboy of flo's as he sacks assistants like bags of groceries, guys who's units actually showed promise. But this guy has plunged his unit into the depth's of nfl embarrassment and flo stands around on the sideline playing pocket pool while his hand picked o-line coach has his crew stumbling and bumbling all over themselves.

Now, jackson? He just plane sux. A lazy pot head who plays like he has the palsey. Unbalanced, undiciplined, uncoordinated. Just cut bait on him. Put kindley on the steelers or ravens and watch what happens there. Flo needs to do something. Maybe the falcon's game is some turning point and some things were corrected. Time will tell but all this switch and mix and flop on the o-line must stop.

Good question, OP. Kindley's kind of the forgotten man. Last year, I thought he was the best of the rookie lineman early in the season.

I think it's clear that the coaching staff wants to give Jackson every opportunity to develop.
He still is. He pissed someone off, probably his new wonder o-line coach and next thing he is dropped to 3rd string practice squad? Thats a pretty big drop for a promising starter from the past season.

I liked Kindley’s enthusiasm last year, but I never got why people thought he was “good”. To put it in perspective, PFF graded him out at 51.8 for 2020. That’s lower than Jackson graded out at LT in 2020. It’s also about the same as Jackson has graded out this season and he has looked terrible (the point of all these threads). As hard as it is to believe I really don’t think we have better options than the guys we have been starting. Flores has been willing to bench Tua and Igbinoghene; I really don’t think he wouldn’t bench Jackson if he thought Kindley or Jones were better.
How are you talking about last year???

What about this year?

Jackson - 51 grade on PFF.

Hunt, arguably our best O lineman - 58 grade on PFF.

Kindley - 59 grade on PFF...granted it's on less tha half the snaps these players took, but let's not create something that isn't there.

There are 3 more positions on the OL he hasn’t been tried at yet.

With the patience they have shown so far, Jackson starting should only last another two years or so.

The thing I like about this thread is all of us seriously discussing who is better between two offensive linemen who can’t block anyone. We don’t have 5 NFL-caliber offensive linemen on the roster.

I've about had it watching Austin Jackson attempt to play offensive line in the NFL. I think the only thing that disgusts me more is Flores continuing to let him trot out there, putting his QB1 at jeopardy every snap. I know Kindley has had his ups and downs, but at this point I don't know how Flo can justify keeping Jackson on the starting unit. Let's get Kindley out there and see how he looks playing next to Liam.
Kindley isn't a 1st rounder and so Jackson will be given every chance (to get the QB killed) to save Griers face.

Back
Top Bottom