Can Kindley Really Be Worse Than Jackson? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Kindley Really Be Worse Than Jackson?

Jackson also had a very costly drive-killing holding penalty.

His “block” on the FG attempt was one of the most idiotic things I’ve seen.
I think Flo feels bad for the Oline in such a way that he refuses to say they r gawd awful. He will yank Tua. He will deactivate Igbo but won't bench Davis or Jackson. It is strange but we do have a 1st time OL coach and he maybe wants to make the guy feel like he is doing a heck of a job.
Or it keeps some eyes off of how bad HIS defense is right now.

Kindley at RG and Hunt at RT were upper half 2nd half of season last year. Then we went and changed everything for no reason. Friends on and off the field helps a ton with communication on the field!! Some of the best OLs had lineman that were all close!!! We had half of that and Flo wants to change it.

That is why I feel the Oline coach left after last year. Didn't understand the constant position change and not allowing continuity. Said I am out cause nothing good is gonna come of this so tool a lateral move.

I still say line Kindley up at FB.

His only responsibility is to attempt to block whichever defender Davis or Jackson Forgot to block

The thing I like about this thread is all of us seriously discussing who is better between two offensive linemen who can’t block anyone. We don’t have 5 NFL-caliber offensive linemen on the roster.
I disagree...

Last season we had THREE rookies who were going through what rookie linemen go through...

Still, they showed promise...Hunt more than any AT THE RT SPOT.

This year, EVERY spot has gotten worse except Tua. To his credit he looks WAAY better than he did last year.

That almost rarely happens...52 men on a football team regress so badly unless the coaching stinks.

So far this season we've gone through growing pains that have been indeed very painful. At 1-6 not many positives to feel good about. Austin Jackson is typical of the failures in this rebuild. We traded away an elite LT, Laremy Tunsil and ended up replacing him with a young, highly touted by some people, project. Austin Jackson was a project when we drafted him. He needed to learn how to play LT in the NFL. That's all fine if you have the luxury of bringing your rookie along slowly and protecting him with veterans on the line. But, we put him out there on an island and he's been getting beat like a drum ever since. So, they decide that Jackson is killing us and we move him to LG. What is the expectation here? Are they expecting him to morph into Larry Little or are they simply instructed to keep the kid in the line up because they freaking spent at #1 pick on this guy. The kid needs to watch from the bench until he is truly ready to help us win games. Right now he's a big reason why were losing games.

Jackson is 22 yrs old. He's not a bust but he isn't a starter.

He has the physical abilities but his fundamentals are being picked apart and exploited by pros. It's a liability and was hopeful with a year under his belt it would have improved with coaching but we are terrible at developing OL.

Kick returners -- for lack of a better word -- are useless in today's NFL unless they do anything besides take a knee in the endzone. He had three punt returns for touchdowns in his career but that doesn't match the number of fumbles he lost -- just this year alone he fumbled twice on punts.

I don't know your value on a explosive but fumble prone returner whose position on offense is a receiver who can't catch the ball, but it's really low in book.
He had KR Tds as well and some explosive plays on O.

He wasn't completely useless or he wouldn't have been here for 5 years.

They just finally realized that he wasn't taking the next step and the the risk finally outweighed the reward.

WTH happened to Kindely? I remember some on here posting videos of his last year, like during the first third of the season, and the mid was just absolutely manhandling people, getting out the second level, puong…he was passing the eye test and grading out with high metrics on a handful of sites. And now he’s riding pine???

He still is. He pissed someone off, probably his new wonder o-line coach and next thing he is dropped to 3rd string practice squad? Thats a pretty big drop for a promising starter from the past season.
I thought he did regress late last season, though. Can't say I know why he's on the bench.

I've got to assume Kindley was really messing up his assignments or something because from a pure physical and attitude perspective, he's much more of a dog than Jackson. Imo I'd rather have a dumb pitbull than a smart poodle. My old O' Line coach would've called him a marshmallow pushing a pillow in a puddle of piss; that was his way of saying you're playing like a pansy.

Jackson is 22 yrs old. He's not a bust but he isn't a starter.

He has the physical abilities but his fundamentals are being picked apart and exploited by pros. It's a liability and was hopeful with a year under his belt it would have improved with coaching but we are terrible at developing OL.
Great post, completely agree. Grier reached for a project who had the physical talent of guys that went before him, but needed to be coached up. The problem is that we haven’t been able to coach up young guys on the o-line in years...certainly not in the time Grier has been GM. Tunsil was the only one, and he was a fairly complete package who dropped to us due to a fluke.

Back
Top Bottom