Can Lamar continue to do this in the playoffs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Lamar continue to do this in the playoffs?

dolfan201

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Has he turned the corner, or was his performance a result of playing the Bills?

What are your thoughts???

I am not convinced. Remember the Indy 41-6 game before he did nothing ag SF, NE and Atlanta :(

But I sure as hell hope he repeat last years' first game to some degree :D

I think Lamar is worried about R. williams and he figures he better fight a little harder. Buffalo's D is better then the Colts.
He lost out in New Orleans to Ricky.

Originally posted by FIN54
Buffalo's D is better then the Colts.
, but once Williams left, there went there run D.

from http://www.miami.com/herald/content/sports/football/dolphins/digdocs/059030.htm
Key matchup No. 1

Who: Dolphins C Tim Ruddy vs. Bills DT Pat Williams (and then Tyrone Robertson).

Who won: Ruddy.

Impact: Williams played approximately a half-dozen downs on a sore knee. After Ruddy blocked him low a couple of times, Williams called it a game. That essentially took out Buffalo's best defensive player, who the Dolphins believed should have made the Pro Bowl.

What happened: Once the Dolphins got Williams out, the rest of the game was a breeze as they dominated the line of scrimmage on the way to 43 rushes for 202 yards. That included 158 yards by Lamar Smith, who broke out of a deep slump and now gives the Dolphins some hope of a running game in the playoffs. Ruddy cleared the way for much of that yardage by dominating the point of attack.

Let's pray Lamar turns it on full throttle. The Dolphins secret weapon. ;)

I am not convinced LAMAR can be the back he was last year! Now with Ray Lewis and FATASS Siragusa coming to town. This will be a huge test for the PHINS O-line and Lamar! I know that He has been a bust, but what about JJ Johnson getting a few carries?? He can run hard and with some power when he wants!! He had a GREAT game in the playoffs two years ago against the SEAHAWKS!! He might be the spark the PHINS need off the bench! You never know???

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
I am not convinced LAMAR can be the back he was last year! Now with Ray Lewis and FATASS Siragusa coming to town. This will be a huge test for the PHINS O-line and Lamar! I know that He has been a bust, but what about JJ Johnson getting a few carries?? He can run hard and with some power when he wants!! He had a GREAT game in the playoffs two years ago against the SEAHAWKS!! He might be the spark the PHINS need off the bench! You never know???
If we want someone to run inside - stick w/Lamar, but we should play lots of Minor and throw short passes to him as well as run some cut backs to the outside

I don't see Lamar running well against the Ravens.(if we play them)Dave W. needs to really challenge the O-line this week to absolutely manhandle whomever they are up against.

what else is new1

Originally posted by dolphan39
If we want someone to run inside - stick w/Lamar, but we should play lots of Minor and throw short passes to him as well as run some cut backs to the outside

lets hope that idiot chan reads this. i don't care if that turkey is a proffesional, fe has a better paying job to got to and he can'r recruit until he's out of this job!:rolleyes:

Considering this could be Siragusa's last game cause he's retiring, and it's the playoffs, I'm sure they will be trying to stuff the run every time. They don't do a bad job of it either.

Lamar won't run this well against Baltimore. The key to beating Baltimore is to pass it. I hope Chan is reading this.....

we need to run Lamar just enough to open up the middle for passes to Weaver and McKnight

Back
Top Bottom