Can McGahee do it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can McGahee do it?

Josh Reed

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Please do not edit this article as you have to be a subscriber to get this. I don't mind sharing this. Thank you!

http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/108430.html

Can McGahee do it?
By Mike Doser
Date: Apr 30, 2003

What is the likelihood that Bills first-round draft pick Willis McGahee will come back after tearing three left knee ligaments during the January Fiesta Bowl? Everyone associated with McGahee, including the Bills, is fairly confident of course. Mike Doser turned to Dr. Robert Bronstein M.D., an associate professor of orthopaedics and surgeon at the University of Rochester Medical Center, for an independent assessment.

Mike Doser: Could you explain the seriousness of Willis McGahee’s knee injury?
Dr. Bronstein: Essentially it’s a knee dislocation when you have three of the ligaments involved. We always used to say that that kind of injury was going to be career-ending and now we say it’s career-threatening. It is not necessarily career-ending, and people can get back from it. Each injury is a little different in terms of the way they tear – an ACL is pretty much an ACL, but when you get three of the four or four of the four (ligaments), some tears also affect the nerve and there are vascular problems, maybe the artery is torn. So they’re pretty significant injuries and not everyone is going to come back from one.

Article edited out, read below to find out why

Diagnosis sounds pretty good coming from a doctor! Buffalo Bills baby!

EDIT: Look, while I am all for sharing information like this to the members of the board, I really can not afford to have a lawsuit on my hands. I'm sorry... - Andrew Tatum

Was Edwards injury worse? They almost sound like the same type of thing.

Josh Reed, we are not suppose to post full articles in a thread due to copyright rules, especially not ones where you would usually have to pay to view it. We could get in some serious trouble for that. Do you mind editing the post and just summarizing it? Thanks a lot......

So can I if I click the link....

Posting the whole article violates copyright laws... it stinks, but we really, really need to be aware of the fact that doing this could possibly shut the site down....

Originally posted by Josh Reed
Please do not edit this article as you have to be a subscriber to get this. I don't mind sharing this. Thank you!

http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/108430.html

Can McGahee do it?
By Mike Doser
Date: Apr 30, 2003

What is the likelihood that Bills first-round draft pick Willis McGahee will come back after tearing three left knee ligaments during the January Fiesta Bowl? Everyone associated with McGahee, including the Bills, is fairly confident of course. Mike Doser turned to Dr. Robert Bronstein M.D., an associate professor of orthopaedics and surgeon at the University of Rochester Medical Center, for an independent assessment.

Mike Doser: Could you explain the seriousness of Willis McGahee’s knee injury?
Dr. Bronstein: Essentially it’s a knee dislocation when you have three of the ligaments involved. We always used to say that that kind of injury was going to be career-ending and now we say it’s career-threatening. It is not necessarily career-ending, and people can get back from it. Each injury is a little different in terms of the way they tear – an ACL is pretty much an ACL, but when you get three of the four or four of the four (ligaments), some tears also affect the nerve and there are vascular problems, maybe the artery is torn. So they’re pretty significant injuries and not everyone is going to come back from one.

Article edited out, read below to find out why

Diagnosis sounds pretty good coming from a doctor! Buffalo Bills baby!

EDIT: Look, while I am all for sharing information like this to the members of the board, I really can not afford to have a lawsuit on my hands. I'm sorry... - Andrew Tatum

Edge James had a simliar injury, but it was less serious than McGahee. Watching Edge play a year AFTER rehab he clearly was not yet the same player. This is a 2 - year healing process. He may play in a year, but he wont be able to make the same cuts, or have the same speed he had his senior year. You are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect anything more. He'll be a great player IF he gets that stuff back, but the draft hype is just this years feel good story.

This thread has a lot to do with the dolphins. :rolleyes: :evil:

I don't think many people really doubt that he can come back from the injury. This kid is a freak. I still say it was worth the risk. I know I'd be a lot more comfortable if the Bills had drafted a TE.

Back
Top Bottom