Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Contend with Mike White at QB?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins have a ton of talent but is a very fragile team. If Tua goes down for an extended period most see us folding our contender tents until next year. We do not have a top running game and proven top D to fall back on like a SF. Tua has been injured a lot and considered retiring which does not instill a lot of confidence.

Mike White, in two seasons of very limited work, has shown to be average at best. Can McD make him better? Yes. Would it be enough to contend? Doubtful

Dolphins have a ton of talent but is a very fragile team. If Tua goes down for an extended period most see us folding our contender tents until next year. We do not have a top running game and proven top D to fall back on like a SF. Tua has been injured a lot and considered retiring which does not instill a lot of confidence.

Mike White, in two seasons of very limited work, has shown to be average at best. Can McD make him better? Yes. Would it be enough to contend? Doubtful
Good thread topic. I for one see a fragile team as well. Very talented on paper, but we are literally counting on a high number of players coming off of injury from last year. If/when they go down, we are back to square one. Tua must stay healthy enough to play every game this season.

I don’t think so..

When I look at white I see a one speed thrower, not a lot of variation to the ball flight..not sure about his anticipation skills, that and accuracy are the most important traits in this offense

Could be wrong he is a gamer..

I do think we’ll have an elite defense this year so that initself can carry you all the way..

I'd be more confident in Skyler playing than Mike White... I never liked the pickup. People here were satisfied with that, not me. Skyler should be our #2. You don't rely on a guy that won the last game of the year and almost led us to a win in Buffalo in a playoff game to reduce him to #3 the very next season. Not a good look for coach IMO

I think he has the physical composition to throw for 500 yards in a game in and it wouldn’t shock me. Granted we’d probably lose that as is usually the case with those high yardage games.

I am intrigued by this kid, not that I actually want to see him (or ST) ever have to play a meaningful down.

Contend for a playoff spot? Yup. For the SB? Unlikely. Miami would still have a solid D and weapons on O, but TT is a starter for a reason

I would have liked to see what White could have done last year had he not been injured so soon after taking over in NY.

Not that I wanted the Jets to do well but he looked pretty good when he got his chance, granted it was against the terrible Vikings defense.

White might be able to get you 2-2 in four starts, but Miami won't contend for a super bowl if he has to start for a good portion of the season.

I think he's an upgrade over Bridgewater, but that's not certain.
Not sure I’ve ever disliked a player that wore our uniform more than stunkwater

He stole money from us like David garrard did

Back
Top Bottom