Can Minor get the ball? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Minor get the ball?

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last season Travis proved to be an exciting player when he got the ball, and should improve greatly this season. The problem is how is Miami going to find out? With Chambers, Gadsen, and Mcknight getting at least 50 catches each like last year, RW getting at leat 300 touches, and Norv saying that Konrad will have more of a chance to see the ball where does that leave Travis? I hope Norv can figure it out since he is a threat to take it all the way everytime he gets the rock. Miami doesn't have many threats like that.

I know Norv likes RWs to be in as often as his body will allow, but Minor has got to come in to spell him; and particularly, on obvious passing downs. RW should only be in on the 3rd down if there is chance of running the ball. But who I am to question Norv. :rolleyes: :)

Minor was sweet in college, but I don't think he's big enough for the pros. They'll probably just use him on 3rd down. He could be a decent backup to Ricky, but I don't think he can shoulder the load for an extended period week to week.

There is no reason Ricky shouldn't be on the field during third downs. He's one of the more natural receivers on the team, and with him in the backfield, it makes the defense have to think on whether we are going to run or throw the ball. We take him out and put Minor in, then the defense knows we are going to throw the ball.

If Minor wants more touches, then he better learn to catch the ball going end over end as well as those booming spirals off the punter's foot.

If Ricky gets less than 350 carries and 50 receptions, it is going to be a damn shame.

If Ricky is one of your better natural receivers, then I would have to say your O-line is better than your wideouts. That does sound good for Fiedler!

Originally posted by shasta
If Ricky is one of your better natural receivers, then I would have to say your O-line is better than your wideouts. That does sound good for Fiedler!
Ricky had 60 catches for 511 yards last year :rolleyes:

Minor should be used with RW on some third down packages. Either in the slot or out of a split back pro set! Maximize the talent on the team, get your best playmakers on the field at the same time! Although 3rd and looong should go to Minor, get Rick off the field! Id also like to see Minor handle the punt return duties, he'd probably light it up, if just for a chance to say," see, get me the ball!" Kickoff return as well, him and.................... I say Brock, but I understand why they really dont want to use Brock, so I hope the Simmons rook can show some flashes! :rocker: :band:

well Norv will decide whether Travis gets the ball, but we can help him get some good eats, i.e. Cajun food:

from http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=1989

What is your favorite food?
All the Cajun food, like jambalaya, crawfish et tu fe, gumbo, shrimp fettuccini, all that kind of stuff. I’m hurting because I haven’t found a good Cajun place here yet. I haven’t been to a good Cajun restaurant yet in my life, even the ones back in Louisiana. If you want good Cajun food, you have to go to somebody’s grandmothers’ house.

any locals know a good Cajun restaurant ?

Turner will get him on the field, but Ricky will be the man. I expect Travis to get between 20-25 recs this year. And yes, Travis Minor will see time in as a return man in camps.

Well if Ricky is producing there is no reason why Minor sould see the field. I'd much rather see RW catching the ball and ploughing thru smaller defenders than Minor.

Turner has historically only used one back, and when that one back, like RW, is a good receiver there is no reason to take him out. Especially when the dropoff in talent is so huge.

I hope Minor doesn't see the field too much, because in essance, that means RW is healthy and productive.

I hope Minor plays a lot! That would mean Ricky's on the shelf....AGAIN!

Just the same way we all hope that AVP plays a lot!!

really tho.....I hope for no injuries.....a healthy battle is a battle with no excuses.....on both sides of the fence!

Of course I would like to see Minor get some passes thrown his way. He had a better recieving average then Ricky did and most importantly no fumbles rushing or recieving :lol:

Remember no matter how much Turner likes to abuse a RB he does give his backups plenty of oppurtunities.

Back
Top Bottom