Can Most of us Agree?.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Most of us Agree?..

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
No matter which direction we go or events unfold, either we trade down a few spots and pick up the extra picks, or stay at #2 and draft Alex Smith, or Edwards, or Brown, Or even trade down and STILL manage to pick up one of those guys that we want,-no matter what happens, we will be happy with any of those things happening?! At least me. I will. I prefer if we trade down and still get one of those quality guys (smith, brown, edwards, williams, benson) as well as pick up extra picks, but I'd be Okay with whatever happens basically. I don't see a situation where we could mess up! It's a win-win...What do yall think? is there any (REALISTIC) situation that you won't be happy with??

I'd be happy with Smith, Edwards, Brown, Williams, Benson, Williams or even Johnson as our first rounder. A couple of these guys I would prefer to pick up after pick #5 but yea, I'm with you. Any of these guys will help us become a little better next year I'm sure.

I don't want DJ or either of the top 2 QB's. I would be happy with any of the RB's or WR's.

If we pick @ #2 I want Smith or Edwards

If we pick @ #5 or below, I'd like one of the top 3 RB's.

BringBackShula said:
No matter which direction we go or events unfold, either we trade down a few spots and pick up the extra picks, or stay at #2 and draft Alex Smith, or Edwards, or Brown, Or even trade down and STILL manage to pick up one of those guys that we want,-no matter what happens, we will be happy with any of those things happening?! At least me. I will. I prefer if we trade down and still get one of those quality guys (smith, brown, edwards, williams, benson) as well as pick up extra picks, but I'd be Okay with whatever happens basically. I don't see a situation where we could mess up! It's a win-win...What do yall think? is there any (REALISTIC) situation that you won't be happy with??

this was touched on a few days back......but.....as I said then, Edwards is the only guy I really don't want that's in the top 15 players. I don't hate the guy, I just don't like him on our team. That said, we'll likely end up with him
:rolleyes: . I'm a Michigan fan so I've watched him for a while now. If we do draft him (I want either of the williams boys) I'll certainly root for the guy because he's a dolphin!

Hey, there are a few players drafted over the years I didn't like but still rooted for them. It's not like I'll boycott the team.

BringBackShula said:

Hey, I'll be happy with any of those scenarios. But I'm sure they'll be a couple of morons who will b-tch to the moon if "their guy" doesn't get taken. Instead of trusting Saban and trusting he made the best decision for the long-term future of the organization, there will no doubt be a couple of know-it-alls who think they know more than Saban that will complain.

zephon said:
this was touched on a few days back......but.....as I said then, Edwards is the only guy I really don't want that's in the top 15 players. I don't hate the guy, I just don't like him on our team. That said, we'll likely end up with him
:rolleyes: . I'm a Michigan fan so I've watched him for a while now. If we do draft him (I want either of the williams boys) I'll certainly root for the guy because he's a dolphin!

Hey, there are a few players drafted over the years I didn't like but still rooted for them. It's not like I'll boycott the team.

How can you be a Michigan fan and be so against Braylon? :confused:

I just dont get all the love for Benson and DJ, but the exact opposite for Braylon. No one is mentioning DJ or Benson as the possible best player in the draft as they are with Braylon.

I'll be happy with Smith, Edwards, Brown or a couple of others, yes. Like Byroan, I would not like it if we went Derrick Johnson at #2.

However, I will not be that thrilled with the #2 slot in the draft and only 5 picks in the entire draft! FIVE PICKS! That is a drag. If we were in the Patriots slot, it wouldn't bother me. It also bugs me that we don't have a 2nd round pick, and that our 3rd round pick is not in the #2 slot where it should be - but the Bears pick.

We should have a 1st, 2nd, and two 3rds. So, that is a disappointment with this draft.

I don't want a WR at #2, if we trade out of that spot then it may be worth considering. I'd like to trade down as most would and pick up additional picks. If we stay at the #2 Ronnie Brown, or Alex Smith are the guys i'd most like to see in a phins uniform.

But as BBS said, it looks like a win/win situation. Saban would have to screw up pretty bad for the Draft to go sour on us.

Agreed.

If we come out of this draft with only five selections, I suspect Nick Saban and the rest of the staff will be irritated. (and rick spielman will be nervous)

Between the Surtain trade and trade-down possibilities, I think we'll be able to add a few more.

At least I definately hope so.

I would like to see a trade down with Tampa Bay to acquire more picks. At number 5, I would like to see Mike Williams getting picked.

It has to be Edwards or Williams, get a Rb from Indy or Seattle for a second round pick that we hopefully get for Surtain.
Ideal situation
1.Rodgers 49ers
2.Edwards Tampa( for a 1st,2nd,3rd)
3.Smith CLEV
4.BROWN Bears
5. Williams miami

you just had to throw the word REALISTIC in there, didn't you?

i'll be pretty happy no matter what, although after last year, i'm looking for some instant gratification in a RB or WR. but i'll be happy regardless...

Dubfire said:
How can you be a Michigan fan and be so against Braylon? :confused:

I just dont get all the love for Benson and DJ, but the exact opposite for Braylon. No one is mentioning DJ or Benson as the possible best player in the draft as they are with Braylon.

to answer your Michigan fan/not in love with Braylon question......one guy doesn't make a team...and he certainly hasn't "made" Michigan an elite team on his own.

I honestly saw ONE game that I felt he played as good as a WR could play. And he did make a difference in that game. However, for every great downfield play he made, he'd turn around and gator arm one of the next two that came his way. Yes, he's talented (as I've said before), I just don't want us to draft him as the 1st wr taken.

I simply find Mike Williams more of a true touchdown scorer. Both will be good wr. I just see Ewards as the Toomer type who racks up yards with not a lot of TDs. Williams, to me, is a bigger, faster version of Gadsden. Those are the types of hands I believe Williams has...which are bette than Edwards IMO. To me, the ability to score and possibly dominate in the red zone is the most valuable commodity...for a WR. :)

Back
Top Bottom