"Can Patrick Turner Change His Ways Before The Dolphins Cut Him Loose?" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Can Patrick Turner Change His Ways Before The Dolphins Cut Him Loose?"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ge-his-ways-before-the-dolphins-cut-him-loose

some interesting parts of the article

-"And, it's hard to blame the Trifecta's decision to reach for the former Trojan.
After all, Turner did present the possibility of growing into the dominant receiver Miami so desperately needed with his 6-foot-5, 220 pound build, and he did catch 10 touchdown passes during his senior season."

-"Reports have also surfaced claiming that Turner underwent back surgery this offseason, which could explain his troubles this summer. Still, after one very unproductive season behind him, Turner cannot afford to lose the respect of his teammates."

-"Marshall is a true veteran when compared to the Dolphins youthful receiving corps, and while he will serve as the team's primary receiving threat, he could also serve as the mentor this group never had. And considering Marshall and Turner compare closely in size — Turner: 6-5, 220; Marshall: 6-4, 230 — the Dolphins new receiver might be able to teach Turner how to use his sheer size to become a productive NFL player."

He is going to have to show some serious upgrade at the beginning of camp, otherwise he'll be looking for work later this summer. Just a crying shame that someone who has the size, some speed and ability just can't figure it out and likely will not have much if any type of pro career.

This is the problem with fans... "After all, Turner did present the possibility of growing into the dominant receiver Miami so desperately needed with his 6-5, 220 pound build"....

No, no he didn't... he should have been a 6th/7th round pick...

The type of receiver Miami desperately needed, was one that could create seperation, had strong hands, physical, dependable, that could excel at getting yards-after-the-catch.....

Patrick Turner brought none of that as a prospect... being 6-5, and 220 pounds doesn't have a damn thing to do with whether or not you have what it takes to be a dominant receiver....

The best regimes are the ones that know when to quit wasting time.... this regime is fairly good at that for the most part.

This is the problem with fans... "After all, Turner did present the possibility of growing into the dominant receiver Miami so desperately needed with his 6-5, 220 pound build"....

No, no he didn't... he should have been a 6th/7th round pick...

The type of receiver Miami desperately needed, was one that could create seperation, had strong hands, physical, dependable, that could excel at getting yards-after-the-catch.....

Patrick Turner brought none of that as a prospect... being 6-5, and 220 pounds doesn't have a damn thing to do with whether or not you have what it takes to be a dominant receiver....

The best regimes are the ones that know when to quit wasting time.... this regime is fairly good at that for the most part.

I believe he gets cut, he won't be ready for TC. Back injuries are extremely tricky and hard to come from and he is playing a sport that one big hit will permanently paralyze him. Turner may have a long road to recovery. Also, can someone please tell me how this guy could not see the field last year with the need we had at WR? Each day that passes Turner sounds more and more like a Shaun Murphy clone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope so but im thinking Turner was a waist of a 3rd round pick and will be cut!

If I see another Patric Turner, Pat White , or Henne vs Sanchez thread, I'm going to punch a baby!

I thought we should have traded up for Ramses Barden, who I think was literally taken right before him. I'm not sure how he's doing now with the Giants though.

I thought we should have traded up for Ramses Barden, who I think was literally taken right before him. I'm not sure how he's doing now with the Giants though.

a few of my friends are giants fans and never say a word about him and he did not see the field last season because he couldnt tackle and would have been the 5th receiver, and guess who the giants used instead....DEREK freakin HAGAN

a few of my friends are giants fans and never say a word about him and he did not see the field last season because he couldnt tackle and would have been the 5th receiver, and guess who the giants used instead....DEREK freakin HAGAN

Lol. Figures.. I remember when Hagan was being thrown to a lot by Henne in the preseason.. or if it was the Cardinals game. Either way.

Back
Top Bottom