Can Ray Lucas Handle the Green Bay Packers Blitz? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Ray Lucas Handle the Green Bay Packers Blitz?

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling that the game will be decided on whether Ray can handle the same game plan the Bills threw at him. MASS BLITZING. I think this will be the scenario of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I think Ray seeing REAL game speed will help him process information quickly. I like the idea that Green Bay is gonna come after us. I think they are undersetimating our weapons. Watch and SEE.\

Denny

screen passes to Ricky and Randy will slow down that blitz - good point !

Hopefully he doesn't turn a complete 180 and run every time. He could miss some wide open receivers for big plays if he does.

yeah, that and Ray stepping up, letting the blitz pass him by and having open field to run. That will make them play real honest, real quick.

Originally posted by Denny
I have a strong feeling that the game will be decided on whether Ray can handle the same game plan the Bills threw at him. MASS BLITZING. I think this will be the scenario of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I think Ray seeing REAL game speed will help him process information quickly. I like the idea that Green Bay is gonna come after us. I think they are undersetimating our weapons. Watch and SEE.\

Denny

Yes denny, I think the addition of CC2 will help in this area. I watched the buffalo game tape and the bills blitzed lucas 2 times in a row with 6 men and both times ray had to get rid of it to soon and both times the ball fell incomplete. But in both those cases there wasn't anyone open short to throw to. With CC2 in there I think he may be able to read that and break off his route. Ofcourse it didn't help either withhout CC1 and OG.

Dolphins should be able to beat the Packers as long as they can run the ball. The Packers' lone loss came to the Saints 35-20 but it was more like 42-10. Saints ran the ball all over them and had some big pass plays, mostly to Joe Horn. And the defense, despite missing the #1 and #2 cornerbacks, pretty much shut down Brett Favre. I'd be surprised to see the Dolphins not shut down the Packers offense.

In defense of the Packers, that was their season opener. They have greatly improved since them, even though it has been against mostly second-tier teams......

I don't have much faith that Lucas can handle anything, I'm going to be very uneasy when Miami has the ball Monday night.

IMO this game is a the ol' fork in the road game for the Fins this season. If Lucas plays poorly and we're losing by alot then put Sage in, unfortunaly for Lucas this is a "what have you done for me lately" league and the pressure is on for him to be the care taker until Jay comes back, if he can't then we have to rely on Sage to do the job. Could be another wildcard playoff game and a long road to San Diego.

Actually BM, I hate to disagree when you're defending the Packers, but it was week 2. But yes, they have improved immensly since then.

"The Packers' lone loss came to the Saints 35-20 but it was more like 42-10"...how does that work? I'm pretty sure the score was 35-20. Favre threw 2 TD passes and Longwell kicked 2 FGs. That adds up to 20 I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. I must have missed the Saints last TD too. Oh well.

Week 2 , my bad, I remember it being early in the season. Oh yea, their opener was that freak game against Tampa Bay......

I think he is saying that the score doesn't reflect how the game was played. In essence, the score was closer than the actual game was. I didn't see that game, so I dunno if I agree or disagree......

I know what he was saying. I just thought it was funny that he gave an actual score.

Their blitz can only really kill us if they get much of a lead and we have to pass. I would like to see a huge dose of Runrickyrun. Screen passes will slow down the blitzes as well. We also must pressure Favre. This is an ideal monday night game. Two top tier teams with rich histories going at it on real grass (frozen tundra) sHOULD BE A CLASSIC THAT ALL FANS OF FOOTBALL WILL ENJOY.

This game rides on what happens between Ray Lucas' ears. If he remains calm (like Jay), plays within the system (like Jay), and makes plays when called upon (like Jay)......we WILL win.

Originally posted by Favre4MVP
"The Packers' lone loss came to the Saints 35-20 but it was more like 42-10"...how does that work? I'm pretty sure the score was 35-20. Favre threw 2 TD passes and Longwell kicked 2 FGs. That adds up to 20 I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. I must have missed the Saints last TD too. Oh well.

As mentioned, I was talking about how much the Saints dominated the Packers that game not the score itself... whether it was because of Favre playing in Domes or whatever. Deuce even had a 50 yard TD run in the third quarter called back for holding when there was no holding. That would have been 42 right there as the Saints ended up missing a field goal on the drive. And the Saints had one sack on Favre but that was the most confusing stat of the year... they hit him at least 20 times and forced two intentional grounding penalties. They also hit him and the ball went backwards, yet somehow the refs called it a forward pass. But seriously that was the Saints' most complete game this year so far.

Back
Top Bottom