can reggie bush rush for 1200 yds this yr as the feature back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can reggie bush rush for 1200 yds this yr as the feature back?

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
i've always wanted to see if reggie can be a real running back and get that century mark instead of being a gadget receiver.. he rushed for 1000 twice or so at USC, though not the greatest inside the tackles runner. do u think he can if healthy get to a 1000 yards rushing..1200? he has never had over 575. i know hes been working hard this off season but can he man up and be a real RB?

I would hope so. Its about time we had a back put up solid numbers. We need to get to around 1800 or so combined for Bush and the rookie to make our offense go.

I'm hopeful, he seems to determined to prove that he is an every down back. However, his history says otherwise. I'm rooting for him, though. No doubt about it.

1200? reggies not happy with that, we going for 1600 this year.

I highly doubt he'll get that. I see bush and Thomas having about the same for some reason. LJ will probably have like 100 or 200 yards or so. If he makes the team that is.

I'm hopeful, he seems to determined to prove that he is an every down back. However, his history says otherwise. I'm rooting for him, though. No doubt about it.
I don't see where history, other than him not being used as an every down back, says he can't be one.

We need to see tonight whether Carolina was a fluke and he can consistently run between the tackles. Personally, I think 1200 is reasonable considering he will be our featured back.

im lookin for total yards being something like that or more.

Reggie Bush will be split out wide alot in this offense. He will be in motion. Just dont see carries as his big production. Your going to see production like 70 yds receiving and 55 yds rushing. then if he breaks a big one (could be end around or whatever), then you'll see like 120 yds rushing and 33 receiving.

That is the beautiful thing about this offense potientially to me is that week to week you will see something much diff than last week. Same thing with Clay. They will move his *** all over the place screwing with LB's heads.

I don't see where history, other than him not being used as an every down back, says he can't be one.
Because this is the NFL and it's all about winning. If his previous coaches thought he colud've been a 1200 yard rusher, they would have used him as one. No way he gets there.

if ronnie ran for 1k why can't reggie do it when healthy. he is much faster than brown and is an actual homerun threat.

I think Thomas will end up with more rushing yards. They will use him to close out games and Bush to start and hopefully put lots of points on the board.

Bush 600 rushing 600 recieving

Thomas 800 rushing 200 recieving

Get this along with 1000 for Brandon and 800 for Bess (same as last year) and we'll be just fine.

Because this is the NFL and it's all about winning. If his previous coaches thought he colud've been a 1200 yard rusher, they would have used him as one. No way he gets there.
so if he does do it this year....then what will you say about the way his coaches used him? They used him as a decoy to open up the passing offense for Brees...you seem to think because they decided to do that means that is the best way any team could use him...It isn't like they made him the featured back and centered the offense around him and he failed at it...

Obviously the Saints are doing something right, so what they did with Bush worked for them...that doesn't mean to me that every team he plays for should follow their lead...you guys don't have Brees, you have Henne...hence you need more from Bush than the Saints did.

Back
Top Bottom