Can Sanchez handle the heat??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Sanchez handle the heat???

Canadianfishfan

FinHeavean VIP
Reaction score
It'll be a curious year for Mark Sanchez. Last year no-one expected the Jets to make the playoffs with a rookie QB. There certainly wasn;t the pressure that now awaits Snachez in the very hostile New York and very public national markets.

I'm curious to see how he will handle the heat. Not starting the thread to talk smack, but simply a discussion on sophomore slumps, and QB evolution.

I think if they start to lose and the media and fan scrutiny mounts, he may start to crack under the pressure. At USC he was surrounded by a great team and coaching. He wasn't asked to win games. He may very have to now.

It's going to be awesome watching both our QBs this season. The Henne/Sanchez match-up may be a good one for years to come. IDK.. maybe if they turn out like both teams want it maybe alike a Elway/Marino rivalry?

I think it's a good question for both our QBs. It was pretty obvious that, at times, the game was too fast for Sanchez, but as the season went on you could see him getting more comfortable & making better decisions, especially in the playoffs. Now, because of last year's success & the addition of Holmes, there will be alot of pressure on him to continue improving & winning.

The same can be said for Henne. He played solid ball last season, grew into his position & clearly deserves to be the starter. Because of his improved play, a good running game & the addition of Marshall, he will also be under pressure to perform.

He's from California, of course he can handle the heat.

He did well with the pressure on in the playoffs, especially for a rookie. I think he has great coaching and a lot of talent around him in NY this year too. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom