Can someone explain to me how Fiedler's contract is structured? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone explain to me how Fiedler's contract is structured?

i can't tell you the actual figures!

but i can tell you the way it works, he is actualy making less this year than he did last, i could be wrong on that! but he doesn't make any real money unless he stays with the fins at least 3 years. there is nothing in the contract that says the fins can't cut him after 1.:rolleyes:

Jay counts 1.3 mill this season, and then 1.5 mill next. After that Miami has to exercise an option for the final three years.

So basically it's a cheap two year deal, that saved Miami around 200,000 this season.

This was all from memory, so if I am off, someone step in and save the day.

I believe he also got a $3 million bonus as well. He's still one of the lowest paid starting QB's in the league. :p

Right Expo, but the signing bonus is figured into the 1.3 mill this year correct?

The bonus spreads through all of the years in his contract, so when we release him after two seasons we will have to take a small cap hit. There is no way he will play for us after two years since he would be making a ton of money.

Right Ice, the signing bonus is spaced out over the 5 years of his contract, but I couldn't remember if it was his base salary that was 1.3 mill...or if that included his prorated signing bonus money.

I checked, it is the total cap hit including bonus.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
WELL WELL worth the money.

Time will surely answer that. This year especially since Jay will have a great RB and the offensive line will be improved from last year.:evil:

Fiedlers contract is simple.......

If he takes us to the Super Bowl, we pin his ears back, if not, he remains Dumbo for yet another season.:rolleyes:

He actully will recieve a 1mill signing bonus before next season bringing his cap # to almost 3 mill. Still very cheap for a starting qb, but after that season his # is almost 5 mill if on the roster after march 1st, but would only cost about 1.5 to cut him, but then save the same in his salary. Bottom line is his contract is geared to give Cade a shot after this season and next.

The contract is officially for 5 years with a value of $24.5M with a $4M signing bonus.

However, if Fielder has a dreadful couple of years the Fins can exercise a option that would reduce the contract's value to $6.525 million for that two year period and any future salary cap impact would be minimal.

The $4 million signing bonus is peanuts for a starting QB and IMO was a very brave contract for Fiedler to sign as he would have been the No.1 QB in the FA market.

Back
Top Bottom