Can someone explain what just happened? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone explain what just happened?

Please tell us, by reviewing the comments below (Tua's own words), where he said the NFL is easy...ready, go!

“I expected it to be a lot harder,” Tagovailoa told Pro Football Talk. “Not that it’s not hard.”
Tagovailoa has clarified those comments. He stands by expecting it to be more difficult, but stressed that he is not calling playing against pro defenses “easy.”​
“I think that was probably taken out of context, because after I said that, there was another paragraph,” Tagovailoa told the Palm Beach Post. “I still have a long ways to go. There’s a lot of things that I need to learn. By (no) means did I mean that the NFL was easy. Because it’s hard. It’s difficult to score, it’s difficult to move the ball against these guys. But from what I originally expected it was going to be, as far as the difficulty, it wasn’t as I expected, is what I’m trying to say.”
Doesnt matter what he said After. This is what EVERY Defense has hanging in their locker room Dolphins week. “I expected it to be a lot harder,”

it is a learning point, but did give motivation to every defense he will face this year

My sister came to visit from out of town so had my attention away from the game for a bit..come back to see fitz in the game and all sorts of conflicting stuff about Tua’s foot vs. he just got pulled. I can’t imagine why on earth they would pull him, even if we were getting killed - given all the early success he’s had and what that would mean for his confidence.

that said, hate the idea he may have some mysterious injury.

so what gives?!

Tua was not very effective, because the Broncos threw everything but the kitchen sink at Tua, the line did not play very well, the receivers as ussual had little to no separation, and Tua played like a rookie playing in his 4th game, and seeing that type of pressure for the 1st time.

Denver's defense was all over Tua in the backfield; it looked like a mouse being swatted around by a bunch of mean, hungry alley cats. Sorry Tua fans, but IMO he's just too small and too weak to protect himself or to break tackles and escape. Fitz would run over a defender, but Tua gets run over.
Seriously? In this game alone I've seen Tua make a free rusher completely whiff without putting a hand on him, he's made a couple of big plays in previous games doing the same thing. Its just that this game was throwing free rushers one after another on almost every play. Tua played like ****, but lets not act like the whole offense didnt play like **** either.

Seriously? In this game alone I've seen Tua make a free rusher completely whiff without putting a hand on him, he's made a couple of big plays in previous games doing the same thing. Its just that this game was throwing free rushers one after another on almost every play. Tua played like ****, but lets not act like the whole offense didnt play like **** either.
They (bad QB play/bad O play) usually coincide. IMO.

You have to hope that Tua got to learn a bit watching Fitz go against the same play calls (and yes, the Broncos have said they did not let up) and learned a bit on how Fitz was able to function. I think it's a good experience in the long run that he was sat down to watch what Fitz could do. Its so anathema to pull young qbs when they are struggling but they could really learn a lot from watching veteran savvy operate in an environment they had trouble with.

I'll always believe that Tannehill could have beneftted from being sat a few times but he really never left the field due to performance at any point until he was traded.

Back
Top Bottom