Can the Defense Recover by Thursday? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Defense Recover by Thursday?

D needs to stay out of Tootsies this week. Only IV bags and rest. In all seriousness. I’m worried about D this week. On a positive note. Our offense should be well reste.

Historically don’t home teams on Thursday win more than usual? That combined with a D that’s going to be dead leg makes for a bad combination. I’d say our O should be fresh to put up points to help the D out but Tua is nursing a back injury. Backs are complicated injuries. There’s zero reason Miami should win this game except coaching, game plan and raw determination. If they pull it off IMO it low key says more about this team than any of the last three games.

On a side note I f’n hate Thursday games. Greed driven content by the NFL plain and simple.

I always hated this coming Thursday night game since the schedule came out. With the Bills game just a few days before, it was always going to be a tough game to go on the road and win whether they won yesterday or not.

I believe the Dolphins are better than the Bengals and would win if they had a complete week to recover from yesterdays game. Of course the Dolphins can certainly still win on Thursday night but the game will be that much harder because of the Dolphins having to travel so soon after the game yesterday.

Hopefully the Dolphins offense can control the ball and not force the defense to be on the field too much against a very good Bengals offense.

They didn’t play in the same heat conditions the Dolphins defense played yesterday and they basically get an extra days rest because they don’t have to travel to Miami for the game.
The Dolphins are much better prepared to play in those conditions than anyone else. By the way, temp ar kickoff on Thursday forecast to be around 60

I don't like giving credit to Colin Cowpie, but he did make a good point.

The D was on the field for a very long time in the heat. Now they have to go on the road in a very short week.

Can they recover in time?
we are going to need great offense, great running backs so we have the majority of the time on offense and help our defense on short week

Back
Top Bottom