Can the Miami Dolphins make the playoffs in 2020 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Miami Dolphins make the playoffs in 2020

Cleveland >
Opponents combined win% during that stretch: .42
Number of playoff teams during that stretch: 2
I guess their ppg don't count either.

I'm not trying to argue. We can spin this all day. The O improved last 9 games WITHOUT a run game. FWIW, the D improved the last 9 games while playing some 8th stringers. Does that improvement and additions this year mean they can make the playoffs? I'm not optimistic. Does it mean they'll be top 10 O and O? Doubtful. But the team did improve and neither O nor D were as bad the last 9 games as full season stats imply.
Not sure what Cleveland has to do with any of this?

The question is what kind of playoff team? Is it another 9-7 team? Those tend to not address issues that are lingering because the thought process is " we will be better next year." Don't think so, look at the prior two playoff teams we had. The only way Miami addresses whatever issues remain on the team is if they don't make the playoffs or go deep into the playoffs. Miami cannot make the playoffs, hell win the same amount of games, but still play better with growth potential. Remember, they may go with the Rookie after game 3-4.

Not sure what Cleveland has to do with any of this?

A number of bad teams last year. Some (e.g., Miami) seemed to improve as the season went on. Some didn't. IMO, that improvement is indicative of a better overall team. Again, I'm not arguing Miami will be a playoff team, but giving season long stats understates the state of the team the last 9 games. I know there are endless ways to rank a D. I'll use yds allowed. Miami played 5 of 9 games against top 10 Ds.

I've already agreed with all(?) here - I doubt Miami makes the playoffs. I agree there are still some significant holes. But, I don't think the team was as bad as 16 game stats show

This draft, more than any other draft, will determine that for the next years to come. This draft for us is like 2 to 3 drafts in 1. If we can ace this draft we can fix our team instantly, if we squander this draft we will be in the same 8 and 8 mediocrity we have been for the last 2 decades.
Which is why it sucks that we don't get to do normal prep.

I agree. I thought this same thing earlier. The most important draft of this franchise in decades and we are not allowed to properly analyze the players.

I also thought this might be a good thing possibly. Christ Grier and company have done a mediocre job of drafting when allowed to speak with the prospects ad nauseam and in person. Maybe they will do a better job when having to rely mostly on game film.

we'll be in the hunt for sure. it all comes down to rookie development. if we can hit on a few guys and they step up right away, we could make a push.

a lot of new faces as well, so we have to gel as a team. could happen quickly, could take 3/4's of the season like it did last year, but we'll be good in 21 either way.

Another thought I had. Not to be negative, but training camp could be shortened making it a little harder on rookies to make an impact. That's just a guess. I don't know what the NFL will do.

Anything is possible why not us?! haha

And I mean we did go from having the worst record in the league to make the playoffs the following year in 2008. Obviously a LOT has to go right for us and plenty of good Fitzmagic play

If we have a good draft, yes. We need to improve our offense, so this draft will be important.

The lack of minicamp is worrisome with such a young group and, potentially, many rookies.

There is only so much you can do via the internet, and nearly impossible for coaches to do any real evaluation prior to TC.

Don't forget they need to stay 6 feet apart ... we should at least have a running game ...lol ... joking

I think all teams will be screwed as far as mini camp, TC and pre-season goes .... it's going to be hard to make some of the cuts needed based on lack of game before the season ... The teams that are more established (mostly playoff teams) will have the upper hand early because (in theory) they have the rosters and systems in place and usually there isn't a huge turn over in players ... ( my opinion... I don't KNOW that to be true)

I expect to open the season much like we ended the season ( on an uptick).... Fitzpatrick starts until week 8 or the bye week and the rookie or Rosen takes over (because he or Rosen are ready) and we finish with 10 wins ... Buffalo should win the division but if 10 wins gets us in the new format then yes we can ....

the above message is not necessarily the belief of the site ... this frame of mind is in no way unstable and in need of treatment, therapy or drugs (although drugs could be consideration for a cure if so determined) ... this message may be changed as necessary to ensure accuracy due to confusion....

I'm an optimist and a life long Dolphins fan but I would say.. YES

There will be 2 extra wildcard games this season, one for AFC & one for NFC.

Brady is gone too, plus Fitz has shown to be a capable QB.

The entire team will be better. I don't see Flores falling victim to the dreaded sophomore jinx.

I mean he is tougher on the other coaches than any Fins coach has been for over a decade.

No country club mentality from my brother from Brooklyn

This division is up in the air

With Tom only getting a short contact the writing was on the wall

This blood-letting past year put us in position to contend we get the right mix of young and old players and our vet QB who has never taken a team to the POs still hungry handing the franchise off to TT just in time
Keep in mind with the extra PO spot we are in good shape to get into the POs

Back
Top Bottom