Can the Phins afford to be without either a 1/2/3 and a 4 in next year's Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Phins afford to be without either a 1/2/3 and a 4 in next year's Draft?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I think there are other missing picks as well but I do not know which. Do you think the FO office should trade a player in order to regain some of these picks? (Konrad or Dyer?)

These upcoming drafts should be important when finding the future replacement for Fiedler and replenishing our aging Defense. Anyone else worried?

we dont need that many draft picks...i would rather get a player who is proven...this past draft we got ricky and greenwood...they are starters and you have to include them in this draft...next year you have to include ricky and jay willims...we have our core players...

I really don't want to see them trade Konrad, unless it is a high 2nd or 3rd. By that I mean a second or third from a team the should finish with a bad record, and give us a pick in the upper 12 of that rd. Wishfull thinking yes. but I think in the right offence Konrad will be a fixture at the probowl. I can't wait to see how he does under Norv.

Originally posted by jd13
we dont need that many draft picks...i would rather get a player who is proven...this past draft we got ricky and greenwood...they are starters and you have to include them in this draft...next year you have to include ricky and jay willims...we have our core players...

We do not need that many draft picks? Wow where have you been living? Now we have something call a salary cap.Draft picks are great way to stock up in positions where players might have to be cut because of salary cap...Not to mention on position that in a couple of years might be open because of cap issues...

Yeah draft picks are important but not as important right now with so many talented players in place. Draft picks were uber-important when JJ took over the team because we had to firesale a bunch of talent and there was actually space on the team for these draft picks to get on the roster. Right now draft picks are important for possible development to help replace departing vets.

Sam Madison will probably be gone in 2 years, and hopefully our 1st round pick on Jamar Fletcher will help us to not miss him. Tim Bowens will be gone in 1 or 2 years...and I'm wondering who in heck is going to take his place. Zach will probably stick around as will Jason Taylor and most likely Patrick Surtain. Fiedler will probably be gone in 2 years. Derrick Rodgers also possible.

Need to start finding replacements true. But I truly can't blame them for not drafting QBs. Sorry but in the NFL it just has not proven to be that worth it unless you have a really high pick. I think Tom Brady was only like the 2nd or 3rd QB to lead the team that picked him in the draft to a super bowl win. With QBs, I'd rather give draft picks or spend money on a proven guy in this NFL. Would you find a better QB in the 1st round of the draft than Drew Bledsoe? Maybe. But probably not.

my point was that most of our draft picks our backups who play special teams and are groomed to be starters down the road i.e. arturo freeman...when you have the chance to get a known commodity (ricky williams) for draft picks you do it...was there any rb that we could have gotten at pick 25 better than rw?...no...we used this years #2 pick to get greenwood last year...now he is starting with a years experience...we used next years #4 pick for jw, who may start and will contribute to this years team...we are trying to win a super bowl and we still have core guys that our young...we wont have cap problems with this group for a couple of years...we wrew about 16 million over the cap this past year and got ounder it without losing any body significant...i have faith in our front office...

In all honesty, I don't see Sam going anywhere. What makes a good defense? Stopping the run and the pass. As long as a team has 2 big DTs up front and 2 corners to cover the recievers, a D will be tough. For this reason, I think Both Sam and Pat will be here for a long time, as well as Zach Thomas, Larry Chester, and Timbo. I have no idea how the front office will handle this financially, but I'm sure they will try hard to make it work.

Originally posted by BMarion31
In all honesty, I don't see Sam going anywhere. What makes a good defense? Stopping the run and the pass. As long as a team has 2 big DTs up front and 2 corners to cover the recievers, a D will be tough. For this reason, I think Both Sam and Pat will be here for a long time, as well as Zach Thomas, Larry Chester, and Timbo. I have no idea how the front office will handle this financially, but I'm sure they will try hard to make it work.

I believe and hope Sam Madison will retire here. As you said the core of the D will stay, but timbo and Surtain may be let go and will be replaced by Fletcher and a DT from the draft.

Our pass defense would be a lot worse without Sam, which is why we won't let him go. If Fletcher is as good as he is supposed to be, Surtain would be more likely to leave, but I think they will both stay and I think that if Fletcher performs well, he could be the one that is traded.

I do not see anyone on our roster that you could trade for a 1/2/3. Maybe you could get a 4th rounder for somebody, but who ?
  • Minor - I hope not
  • Surtain - would destroy our D
  • STer like Ogden or Garrahan - lucky to get a 7th conditionally
  • T Perry - maybe a 5th

it is a moot question since we are trying to get past our playoff defeats and deeper into the playoffs in 2002 with all ours move -so we cannot think about the 2003 draft as relevant now

minor is a bada$$ if RW went down it wouldnt be as big of a lose as most people think.. minor averaged 4.8 yards on 59 attemps... w/281 yards......and 29 rec for 263 yards.. he is better then dunn and we can not get ride of him.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Sam Madison will not be gone in 2 years!!!!!!!

Actually he will be gone in two years probably...Dolphins drafted Fletcher to replace him in the near future...NFL is also a business and now a days no one is gurantee to finish their career with any team...

I don't see the Dolphins releasing Sam, he is with Thomas, Taylor, and Ricky as the franchise players of this team, I just can't see him being released.

gotta agree w/minus and ice ! IMO we would sooner let Pat go than Sam

Back
Top Bottom