Can Tua be the next Drew Brees? Orlovsky thinks so........ | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Tua be the next Drew Brees? Orlovsky thinks so........

Carrying this team? The defense is carrying this team. Tua is complimenting the team very well.
Tua is carrying the offense behind the league's worst pass blocking OL. When was the last time you heard of an NFL QB winning and putting up impressive stats behind the league's worst pass blocking OL?

Tua is carrying the offense behind the league's worst pass blocking OL. When was the last time you heard of an NFL QB winning and putting up impressive stats behind the league's worst pass blocking OL?

Carrying the offense is one thing… carrying the team?

Lets not get carried away with some of these statements after 3 good games.

Yes that’s what I meant. He’s carrying the offense much like people say great to elite QBs do. I’m not saying that he’s elite right now, just that he’s showing that he can be eventually.

Who let saints fans on here? Brees is a muppet compared to Marino, he’’ll probably admit it himself.
No Aint's fan here, just pointing out the difference. Yea Marino was light years better but Brees still got a ring and Danny don't.

He's actually had 4 games with over 100 rating, 5 games over 95. Even that first game against NE, where he had a lower rating (79.6), he played well, but had one bad decision that hurt his rating. The only poor game was the Bills game. Reality is that Tua has been very good all year (6 of the 7 games). It is not getting "carried away" to acknowledge that.

He's actually had 4 games with over 100 rating, 5 games over 95. Even that first game against NE, where he had a lower rating (79.6), he played well, but had one bad decision that hurt his rating. The only poor game was the Bills game. Reality is that Tua has been very good all year (6 of the 7 games). It is not getting "carried away" to acknowledge that.

The delusion is real. To say he is carrying this team is to discredit the defense and every other player on this team. He is not carrying this team. He is playing well enough to compliment the defense and help win games.

The qb rating thing is cool and all but it isnt an indicator of him taking over a game. Yes he is playing very well last couple games.. but he has yet to have to carry this team. I am not trying to discredit how well he as played.

Last edited:
Why would I not worry about Tua?

He's made more stupid plays than good ones on the year.

I swear, one game where every pass is within 2 yards of the LOS, he has ONE plus play in 30+ passing snaps and you all think he's a franchise QB.

Sorry, he's still the EXACT player I said he was. Slightly above average and will look great when everything around him goes right.

The man has 0 ability to -carry- his team by making plus type plays. He can only take what is there, which is a failure at QB in the modern NFL.
Just-a-bit-outside.png

The delusion is real. To say he is carrying this team is to discredit the defense and every other player on this team. He is not carrying this team. He is playing well enough to compliment the defense and help win games.

The qb rating thing is cool and all but it isnt an indicator of him taking over a game. Yes he is playing very well last couple games.. but he has yet to have to carry this team. I am not trying to discredit how well he as played.
I specifically said "carrying the offense" so I'm not someone you can claim is discrediting the defense. I stand by that statement. I have no idea what delusion you are referring to. And when you claimed he had only played three good games you were discrediting what he'd done so far this season with an inaccurate statement.

I specifically said "carrying the offense" so I'm not someone you can claim is discrediting the defense. I stand by that statement. I have no idea what delusion you are referring to. And when you claimed he had only played three good games you were discrediting what he'd done so far this season with an inaccurate statement.

I agreed with you about him carrying the offense right now.

It is getting carried away to say he is carrying this team. I dont get why you felt the need to respond? Are you trying to agree or argue that he alone is carrying this team?

I wouldnt say he was very good in all games this year… but i will say he has strung together some good games as of late.

Back
Top Bottom