Can Tua be the next Drew Brees? Orlovsky thinks so........ | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Tua be the next Drew Brees? Orlovsky thinks so........

Agree. Brees was a cerebral QB. Not saying TT can't be, but it's too soon to tell.
I also think TT is more mobile (dangerous) than Brees, so not quite apple to apple
Totally agree, it's too early to tell if Tua can be the cerebral QB. Looking at past games looks like he is still relying on the play called with little D read and changing protections. However definitely more mobile, like to see him scramble a little more.

Totally agree, it's too early to tell if Tua can be the cerebral QB. Looking at past games looks like he is still relying on the play called with little D read and changing protections. However definitely more mobile, like to see him scramble a little more.

In Mia, does QB or OC call protection

I agreed with you about him carrying the offense right now.

It is getting carried away to say he is carrying this team. I dont get why you felt the need to respond? Are you trying to agree or argue that he alone is carrying this team?

I wouldnt say he was very good in all games this year… but i will say he has strung together some good games as of late.

Good games as of late? Which games were his bad or not good games?

Ne? Had one of the better QB performances to date against that team.

Jax- had the go ahead td drive and the team leading with less than 5 mins to play

Atlanta? Gave the team the lead last time he touched the ball.

The only game you can consider not good or bad was Buffalo.

Other than that EVERY game he played he gave the team the lead in the 4th quarter.

If our defense actually played against Jax and Atlanta this team would have only lost one game Tua started and finished.

Only 1 game has Tua not had us winning LATE into the 4th quarter with a go ahead drive or or clutch conversion to close it out

Good games as of late? Which games were his bad or not good games?

Ne? Had one of the better QB performances to date against that team.

Jax- had the go ahead td drive and the team leading with less than 5 mins to play

Atlanta? Gave the team the lead last time he touched the ball.

The only game you can consider not good or bad was Buffalo.

Other than that EVERY game he played he gave the team the lead in the 4th quarter.

If our defense actually played against Jax and Atlanta this team would have only lost one game Tua started and finished.

Only 1 game has Tua not had us winning LATE into the 4th quarter with a go ahead drive or or clutch conversion to close it out

I for one dont think he played “well” enough for us to win against bad teams.

He had really poor turnovers and gave away points in those games. Yes the defense sucked during those games, tua added to it.

Thus the reason i said initially he hasnt carried this team.

Im not gonna argue with you about it. This is my opinion, you dont have to like it.

In Mia, does QB or OC call protection
I probably will be corrected but I believe the OC sets the protection for the play called, its up to the QB to recognize if the D has loaded up on the selected play and shift the protection or change the play which as far as I can tell other than the RPO I haven't seen Tua do much of that practice.

I for one dont think he played “well” enough for us to win against bad teams.

He had really poor turnovers and gave away points in those games. Yes the defense sucked during those games, tua added to it.

Thus the reason i said initially he hasnt carried this team.

Im not gonna argue with you about it. This is my opinion, you dont have to like it.

You see, when you can't actually explain your position a common response is "im not gonna argue with you about it"

I simply asked you which games he played bad. If you think thats arguing, maybe you should rethink your position

You see, when you can't actually explain your position a common response is "im not gonna argue with you about it"

I simply asked you which games he played bad. If you think thats arguing, maybe you should rethink your position

The jags game, falcons game, bills game, even the patriots game.

I simply said im not gonna argue because you stated he had played well in the games i obviously dont think he did.

I can explain my position a million times but the TUA crowd sees things in another light. Call it what you want. Peace.

The jags game, falcons game, bills game, even the patriots game.

I simply said im not gonna argue because you stated he had played well in the games i obviously dont think he did.

I can explain my position a million times but the TUA crowd sees things in another light. Call it what you want. Peace.

Please do.

Explain how he played bad in the Falcons game.

I'm curious how a 4 TD performance and a TD drive to put your team ahead with under 2 mins to play is a bad game.

How did he not play well? Is it the 2 INTS? Is that your basis for a bad game?

Please do.

Explain how he played bad in the Falcons game.

I'm curious how a 4 TD performance and a TD drive to put your team ahead with under 2 mins to play is a bad game.

How did he not play well? Is it the 2 INTS? Is that your basis for a bad game?

It appears that if Tua can’t perform with a perfect passer rating he isn’t good enough - does he have room to grow yes wil they keep moving the goal posts yes

I agreed with you about him carrying the offense right now.

It is getting carried away to say he is carrying this team. I dont get why you felt the need to respond? Are you trying to agree or argue that he alone is carrying this team?

I wouldnt say he was very good in all games this year… but i will say he has strung together some good games as of late.
I felt the need to respond b/c you mis-stated what I said. I never stated he carried the team. I specifically stated he carried the offense.

I dont get the part where people say Tua just needs to cut those "boneheaded" mistakes. But then you look at ALL the other QBs in the league, and they make those mistakes if not worse in their own games as well. Lol.

Its just one of those boneheaded excuses not to like Tua if you ask me

Why not? He has every single skill Drew had. Honestly, he's further along than Drew was

Yes! BUT Breess went into the perfect setup with Sean Payton as his HC and everyone else that crafted that offense for him. Do you see that in Flo and our OC?

I dont get the part where people say Tua just needs to cut those "boneheaded" mistakes. But then you look at ALL the other QBs in the league, and they make those mistakes if not worse in their own games as well. Lol.

Its just one of those boneheaded excuses not to like Tua if you ask me
Tua has elite accuracy and elite release speed, but he does not yet have elite decision-making. I believe that his decision-making has now reached the level that he is above average. He wasn't there earlier in the season, but you don't get so many consecutive 100+ rated games and post the second most accurate month in NFL history without very good decision-making. IMO he's taken a significant step in that area of late. So to your point, I agree that he is a better decision-maker than more than half of the other QBs in the league. That is very good for a QB who has just 16 starts under his belt. However, the Miami offense can't run and is very risk averse so the margin for error is tiny. Tua has to be at least above average in his decision-making to make-up for the rest of the offense. I do believe that Tua has elite processing speed and will eventually be an elite decision-maker. That's the area where he has to continue to improve.

Back
Top Bottom