Can we all agree to root for Jax against the Pats? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we all agree to root for Jax against the Pats?

The Jags need to do to Brady what many teams did to Dan Marino in his playoff losses. Keep him off the field, Fournette and the OL need to have a monster game for the Jags to have a chance. I don't believe the Jacksonville offense can do another high scoring performance 2 games in a row.

There in lies the problem. Patriots don't normally give up monster games to running backs. Especially in the playoffs. Henry put up 191 scrimmage yards against Chiefs but then was held to 49 yards against NE. Fournette only put up 119 against the Steelers but had 3 TD's. The Patriots have only allowed 6 rushing TD's all season. And 2 were in the opening game loss. So count on Fournette not being able to contribute as much.

The Jags have no shot. That GREAT Jacksonville defense gave up 37 to Tennessee (LOL), 44 to SF, 42 last Sunday to he Steelers and lost to the Jets and Cardinals. If Josh McCown put up 23 on that defense you really think Brady is putting up less than 30? HAHAHAHA! NE will figure things out and score plenty of points. I think the Jags will struggle even more on offense then on defense. They will be lucky to put up 14 points on the Patriots. I don't think Mariota is very good but I trust him more than Bortles and he put up 14. NE will stuff Fournette, who was in a car accident today but supposedly uninjured, and make Bortles beat them only much like Tennessee the Jags don't have the horses at WR to beat the Patriots talented secondary. For the Jags to have any chance their offensive line is gonna have to dominate loaded fronts in order to get Fournette going and keep it really close and low scoring. They won't be able to do either and once JAX is playing catch up, change the station.

This is a laugher, NE 31, JAX 10

I think we're overrating the young Jax defense. NE will not need to consistently beat Ramsey and Bouye to win.

Just want to point out before someone says, "well NE lost to us" that was without Gronk and Van Noy. Those are HUGE losses for this current Pats team.

Last edited:
Jags will stun the world as the Patriots' smoke and mirrors turn into fog blinding Belichick and Brady lol.

I am predicting Jags 27 Patriots 24.

With 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Patriots with the ball on the Jags 38. Brady is hit by Calais Campbell knocking Brady's helmet off just before he gets the ball away to the Meathead. The ball bounces off Meathead's facemask into the hands of A.J. Bouye. The ref who was about to throw a flag on Campbell for touching Brady is viciously hit and knocked out cold by the raging Meathead. The remaining officials dazed and confused just stand there while Bouye is finally tripped up by an insanely angry Giselle who somehow snuck onto the field. Too late. Chaos and more confusion commences as time expires. The officials still in a daze are unable to gather themselves together to figure out a way to hand a win to Patriots. With no other options available reluctantly the Jaguars are declared AFC Champions.

Last edited:
There in lies the problem. Patriots don't normally give up monster games to running backs. Especially in the playoffs. Henry put up 191 scrimmage yards against Chiefs but then was held to 49 yards against NE. Fournette only put up 119 against the Steelers but had 3 TD's. The Patriots have only allowed 6 rushing TD's all season. And 2 were in the opening game loss. So count on Fournette not being able to contribute as much.

Eh pats are 20th in rushing offense and last 5 games of the season gave up 183, 120, 143, 84, and 40 to the Bills, Dolphins, Steelers, Bills, and Jets. You can definitely run on them this year. Maybe not score on ground but maybe make it a FG game 13-10 jaguars?

On paper the Jags don't have a shot and they are the clear underdog here....but the "any given Sunday" rule applies. I am definitely rooting for them.....

Brady has never lost to the Jags

Games involving the Patriots and Jacksonville beginning with the 2000 season:

2003 season: Week 15 Sun Dec 14 2003 at NE New England 27, Jacksonville 13
2005 season: A wc StN Jan 7 2006 at NE New England 28, Jacksonville 3
2006 season: Week 16 Sun Dec 24 2006 at Jac New England 24, Jacksonville 21
2007 season: Adiv StN Jan 12 2008 at NE New England 31, Jacksonville 20
2009 season: Week 16 Sun Dec 27 2009 at NE New England 35, Jacksonville 7
2012 season: Week 16 Sun Dec 23 2012 at Jac New England 23, Jacksonville 16
2015 season: Week 3 Sun Sep 27 2015 at NE New England 51, Jacksonville 17
2017 season: Achp Sun Jan 21 2018 Jac at NE

Primary team the Patriots: 7-0
Points for the Patriots: 219
Points against the Patriots: 97

Typically a 31-14 Patriot victory

In Foxborough more like 34 -12 average score.

Brady has losing record against Coughlin. But he did finally beat him after Super Bowl losses.

2007 season: Week 17 StN Dec 29 2007 at NYG New England 38, NY Giants 35
2007 season: SB42 Sun Feb 3 2008 NY Giants 17, New England 14 at Glendale, AZ
2011 season: Week 9 Sun Nov 6 2011 at NE NY Giants 24, New England 20
2011 season: SB46 Sun Feb 5 2012 NY Giants 21, New England 17 at Indianapolis, IN
2015 season: Week 10 Sun Nov 15 2015 at NYG New England 27, NY Giants 26

Primary team the Patriots: 2-3
Points for the Patriots: 116
Points against the Patriots: 123

People said the Gaints had no shot. The Jags being in this position is not luck....it’s the Coughlin effect. People are crazy to think that he doesn’t have input. A Coughlin led team save us from Brady being 7-0 in SBs. The Jags also ended Jim Kelly’s career in the playoffs which will happen to Brady Sunday. I was telling my friends in November that this is the game I wanted to see. The only reason Big Ben put up 42 points against the Jags is because he is a sandlot QB. Brady falls apart under pressure like that. I’m hoping for a **** ton of snow so the passing game will be effected.

People said the Gaints had no shot. The Jags being in this position is not luck....it’s the Coughlin effect. People are crazy to think that he doesn’t have input. A Coughlin led team save us from Brady being 7-0 in SBs. The Jags also ended Jim Kelly’s career in the playoffs which will happen to Brady Sunday. I was telling my friends in November that this is the game I wanted to see. The only reason Big Ben put up 42 points against the Jags is because he is a sandlot QB. Brady falls apart under pressure like that. I’m hoping for a **** ton of snow so the passing game will be effected.
There’s not going to be any snow. It’s actually going to be warmer than it has been. The rest of your prediction will prove as accurate. NE will be going to the Super Bowl, again.

Back
Top Bottom