Can we get Cedric, Carnell,or Mike at 7 or 8? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we get Cedric, Carnell,or Mike at 7 or 8?

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was thinking about it, and I'm a huge Ronnie Brown fan.

In fact, I'd flip out if we took him.

But I'm a bigger fan of my team and would like to get Adrian Mcpherson as well.

If we move to 7 or 8 (Vikings or Cardinals), is there a chance we can get one of the following 3?

Cedric Benson
Carnell Williams
Mike Williams

?

I don't want to miss out on one of the offensive bluechips, other than the tope two QB's. So we're really looking at a heightened heartbeat period of 3 or 4 picks within which to lose chances at the 3 backs and the 2 receivers. (assuming Ronnie and the two Qb's fill out the top 3)

We have to end up with one of those 5 players on our team.

is 7 or 8 too far down?

South Florida said:
I was thinking about it, and I'm a huge Ronnie Brown fan.

In fact, I'd flip out if we took him.

But I'm a bigger fan of my team and would like to get Adrian Mcpherson as well.

If we move to 7 or 8 (Vikings or Cardinals), is there a chance we can get one of the following 3?

Cedric Benson
Carnell Williams
Mike Williams

?

I don't want to miss out on one of the offensive bluechips, other than the tope two QB's. So we're really looking at a heightened heartbeat period of 3 or 4 picks within which to lose chances at the 3 backs and the 2 receivers. (assuming Ronnie and the two Qb's fill out the top 3)

We have to end up with one of those 5 players on our team.

is 7 or 8 too far down?

I'd venture to say that there is no way all 3 will be off the board at 7 or 8.

I would expect Benson to be there.

I doubt that the Cardinals at #8 will be a trading partner. They would have to give us their pick at #8 in the first round, #44 in the 2nd round, AND something else of high value (solid veteran player or a high draft pick next year). I doubt that they'll want to pull the trigger on such a trade.

The Vikings, however, are a possible trading partner. They could trade us their picks at #7 and #18 for our pick at #2. That would be a fairly even trade. Of the offensive bluechips that you've mentioned, the Vikings have a real need to grab one of the WRs, Edwards or Williams. Edwards will most certainly be gone at pick #7, but Williams might still be there for Minnesota. If they like Edwards that much better, then perhaps they will want to trade with us so they can ensure that they can draft Edwards.

If we are at pick #7, then we will definitely have at least one of the top 7 offensive bluechips on the board when we draft. Any defensive players taken in the top 7 just adds to the choice at pick #7.

If SD trades with SF for the #1 pick and selects Edwards or Williams, that will put added pressure on Minnesota to move up to guarantee geting the other WR. If that happens then neither WR will be there at 7 or 8, but one of the RB's and one of the QB's will be. I would still trade down again from 7 or 8 because I don't want one of the top RB's. I just don't think you need to spend such a high pick on a RB.

Personally, it wouldn't even take both of Minny's 1st's for me to move down. I would be willing to move down to #7 for Minny's 2nd this year and a 2nd next year (ideally we would get more). Then move down again another 4-5 spots and pick up another 2nd. Then take Alex Barron in the 1st and with our 3 2nd round picks (one from Surtain) I would take Matt Jones, Adrian McPherson and the best available RB.

I'd take either 7 or 8 and their seconds for our #2. I'd hope we could get Benson but I think it will be Williams available in that spot. Actually, the second we go past #2 I think Mike Williams becomes the bpa.

Carnell will be taken at 5 by the Bucs I think Benson will be there though.

Back
Top Bottom