Can we get Ronnie and Ricky on the Field Together? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we get Ronnie and Ricky on the Field Together?

N

NJFinFury2004

I didn't like this idea, but another finatic mentioned it to me. Since we don't have a TRUE Fullback, maybe we could get both Ronnie and Ricky on the field at the same time?

Have one of them play fullback and go to a 2 back set? Both are good blockers, so they could switch and block for each other. Ronnie has GREAT hands, while Ricky's aren't as good, but he isnt as bad as once thought either.

I don't like the idea. I would want the other one RESTING on the BENCH while the other was rolling with the rock. And my argument was, the one who was blocking, would get a lot of wear and tear on him.

You don't spend 5 million a year for a sled.

Thoughts?

First of all, I doubt we will be using the FB that much in Linehan's system. I really don't know how good of an idea it would be to have them both on the field at the same time. If that happened, I'm guessing Ronnie Brown would be the FB since he is definitely a much better blocker than Ricky. I honestly would just be content to get them both on the team and work from there...

yankeehillbilly said:
Remember Ricky's attempted "chip block" on Dwight Freeney a couple years ago? Im sure Griese does.
Ricky isnt a very good blocker.
What can be said about almost ALL the games we lost in 2002 and 2003... one word comes to mind. PLAYOFFS :(
Just ONE game would've made a difference. I remember that game perfectly. I was so happy when T-Buck got the INT and I thought we had the game won! And than... Ricky's attempted "chip block"... Dwight Freeney's sack... Griese's fumble......... :cry:

Fake to Ricky hand it to Ronnie.
Fake it to Ronnie hand it to Ricky
Repeat as desired.

yankeehillbilly said:
Remember Ricky's attempted "chip block" on Dwight Freeney a couple years ago? Im sure Griese does.
That game was just another in a string of heartbreakers Dolphin fans have had to endure over the last, oh decade or so. Ricky should put that play into his career highlight reel...along with his 60 Minutes interview.

yankeehillbilly said:

BS. Ricky is a good and willing blocker. HE just made a mistake. People (us and the so called experts) used to rave about how good a blocker he is. He makes one mistake and all of a sudden he's a bad blocker. Why don't we go back and look at all the GOOD blocks he made instead of lingering on one bad one?

think you answered your own question. avoid wear and tear on our franchise player, the true one, not Ricky.

yankeehillbilly said:

I remember a play when Ricky was on the Saints back in 2001 against the Jets. James Farrior blitzed and ran Ricky over like he was a school girl, just flat out steamrolled him.

At 195 lbs, Ricky is not going to be much of a factor as a blocker. He's going to need to get back on the steroids pretty fast to get up to his former playing weight.

Like Dolfanmark said, Ricky is 195lbs, which seems far away from gameday shape. Let Brown split downs with him, it should also ease his rookie year.

I would like to see them together in passing situations and send R. Brown in motion. That would create all kinds of mismatches.

Back
Top Bottom