Can we lay to rest the idea of Daniels being a FS? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we lay to rest the idea of Daniels being a FS?

Wildbill3

Onion Fetish
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3907

On Travis Daniels reportedly running inferior 40-yard dash times than he has in the past) – “I don’t know. I coached the guy for four years. If we timed him twenty times in college, he probably ran somewhere between 4.48 and 4.52, 90 percent of the time. There are probably a few times he ran a little faster and there are probably a few times he ran a little slower.
Okay if you don't trust Saban about Daniels' speed who can you trust?

Wildbill3 said:
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3907

Okay if you don't trust Saban about Daniels' speed who can you trust?

I think you are absolutely wrong on this idea....I think that if Poole had not gotten hurt, Daniels was destined to be our FS this year, particularly if the Bua experiment didn't work out...JMO. Daniels played both positions in Saban's D and there is not much difference between the techniques he uses for each position, so it's not out of the question that Daniels could play some FS if pressed into action. With the Poole injury and our lack of depth at CB, I foresee Daniels pretty much exclusively at CB, but if Howard and Edwards are playing well and the Bua thing slips a little....could be a different story...

LarryFinFan said:
I think you are absolutely wrong on this idea....I think that if Poole had not gotten hurt, Daniels was destined to be our FS this year, particularly if the Bua experiment didn't work out...JMO. Daniels played both positions in Saban's D and there is not much difference between the techniques he uses for each position, so it's not out of the question that Daniels could play some FS if pressed into action. With the Poole injury and our lack of depth at CB, I foresee Daniels pretty much exclusively at CB, but if Howard and Edwards are playing well and the Bua thing slips a little....could be a different story...
that's one Idea, allow me to mention that most of the guys who are trying say he should play FS are basing thier ideas on the opinion that he is too slow to play Cornerback.

he will play FS at some point. He's just the type of D-back that can play corner but once he loses a step he's destined for FS.

i don't understand wtf you want to "lay to rest" the idea of daniels playing FS for us. wtf does it matter? if it turns out he is good enough to be on the field, but can't beat out say edwards or howard for the #2 cb role, but shows he can play FS better than whoever we have there then why not?

When we first drafted him i figured that we would move him to FS and let him compete for the starting spot. Then whenever Poole got hurt, i knew that we would keep him at CB and let him compete for playing time. It will all depend this season if Daniels can play at CB. I do think that next year he will be our starting FS.

Wildbill3 said:
that's one Idea, allow me to mention that most of the guys who are trying say he should play FS are basing thier ideas on the opinion that he is too slow to play Cornerback.

Yeah, I absolutely agree. It's not that he didn't have the speed or ability to play cornerback, but I think that with the CB depth we HAD it gave us some versatility to bounce him back and forth and try him at FS. But IMO anyways, for what that's worth, he can absolutely be successful @ CB. Nick is not a stupid coach and wouldn't put a player in a position to fail if he felt differently!

And yes, if the other guys at CB right now can hold that position down and Travis outplays the other current FS's, then by all means, put him there.

Back
Top Bottom