Can We Move ....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can We Move .......

EasyRider

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
the ball against the Seahawks?
No doubt that Wilson will put a lot of points on the board but can we? I thought last night we would have to score at least 35 to win, I really think we're gonna need 35 next week to compete. Howard has his work cut out for him against that beast Metcalf and Russel can improvise like no one else. Although the D improved from last night I still don't have confidence in the unit, our offense needs to win this one outright.

With little pressure and shoddy coverage I can see RW throwing for 500+ yards

Bobby Wagner and Jamal Adams are insanely good and it's not going to be easy.

Seattle used to be a defensive team, not so much anymore.

Miami will have a hard time doing much of anything, but the passing game should make plays.

I expect Seattle to blow us out but you never know. Final score 42-14

Bobby Wagner and Jamal Adams are insanely good and it's not going to be easy.
I would not put Wagner in that category anymore but Adams is definitely amazing. The reality is Seattle's defense is a shell of its former self and they don't generate much pressure from their front. If Miami can get away with Howard on Metcalf that would be grand but I think they should double him all game. He's the big time threat, take him out of the game. Lockett is very good too but not the "problem" Metcalf is.

I always feel you have to keep Wilson in the pocket as much as possible. You need to make him move around but not escape. This is a game their D-ends really need to be play well and disciplined in not going for sacks that turn into Houdini escape jobs by Wilson.

Through two games (Falcons and Patriots) the Seahawks have given up 485 yards per game. 415.5 per game through the air. They're still really good against the run but they're not what they used to be defensively. Dolphins will be able to move the ball against them. But we're not going to stop Russell Wilson from doing whatever he wants.

I don't think the offense will be the issue based on the first 3 weeks.

If Flores and Boyer scheme to shut down Wilson it will be a complete 180 from the first two weeks.

I would not put Wagner in that category anymore but Adams is definitely amazing. The reality is Seattle's defense is a shell of its former self and they don't generate much pressure from their front. If Miami can get away with Howard on Metcalf that would be grand but I think they should double him all game. He's the big time threat, take him out of the game. Lockett is very good too but not the "problem" Metcalf is.

I always feel you have to keep Wilson in the pocket as much as possible. You need to make him move around but not escape. This is a game their D-ends really need to be play well and disciplined in not going for sacks that turn into Houdini escape jobs by Wilson.

Wagner is still one of the best linebackers in the NFL.

Also remember, this game is in Miami, a LONG trip for Seattle, playing at 1pm, right?
Not to discount any of the good, valid points made about Wilson, Metcalf, et al, but this is a big advantage in Miami's favor, also we are coming off a few extra days rest.
Anything can happen, but I don't think it's fair to assume teams are just going to destroy us. People on here(and you know who you are) thought JAX would kill us, and well...
Buffalo didn't really kill us, they took advantage of a horrible mismatch and coaching blunder with the Ig vs Diggs matchup.
I am not going to go full-homer and say we are going to win vs Seattle, but I am not expecting us to get whooped either. I expect a competitive game, like we've seen the first three weeks.
Despite the problems and shortcomings, we have not been stomped, no matter what anybody claims. In certain areas, maybe- but we competed and any team who thinks they're going to see us on their schedule and it means an automatic win has got another thing coming. They will have to play a good game to win.

Also remember, this game is in Miami, a LONG trip for Seattle, playing at 1pm, right?
Not to discount any of the good, valid points made about Wilson, Metcalf, et al, but this is a big advantage in Miami's favor, also we are coming off a few extra days rest.
Anything can happen, but I don't think it's fair to assume teams are just going to destroy us. People on here(and you know who you are) thought JAX would kill us, and well...
Buffalo didn't really kill us, they took advantage of a horrible mismatch and coaching blunder with the Ig vs Diggs matchup.
I am not going to go full-homer and say we are going to win vs Seattle, but I am not expecting us to get whooped either. I expect a competitive game, like we've seen the first three weeks.
Despite the problems and shortcomings, we have not been stomped, no matter what anybody claims. In certain areas, maybe- but we competed and any team who thinks they're going to see us on their schedule and it means an automatic win has got another thing coming. They will have to play a good game to win.

Progress comes in steps. As much as I (and all Fin fans) want Miami to win, losing a close game to a good team is progress. I don't expect a blowout

I think we can score on Seattle especially since we have shown that we can vary our offensive game plan. The run blocking though, is a concern. We’re still not opening too many holes and sustaining our blocks. I’m hoping that’s a focal point this week. The pass pro on the other hand has been stellar!

Back
Top Bottom