Can We Outwit THE TUNA!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can We Outwit THE TUNA!!

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I think so. Dallas has a very poor offense this year. At the begining of the Pats game I was saying that the Texans have a lot more talent on offense than Dallas. I live in NE and poeple were looking at me like I was nuts. I think they agreed with me by then end of the game. Dallas will bring the BLITZ all day long but I don't think their O can hurt us. If we beat Dallas we will be in good shape. I think the Colts are going to excorsize all of their demons this year and beat the pats. Do you guys think Wanny and Norv can outwit the TUNA??????????????????????????????

I don't think so. We're just going to have to out-execute and win the turnover battle.

We don't need to outwit them. We need to get Ricky moving on the outside and getting the running game going. Get an early lead and keep it with our D.

Wanny could never outwit the Tuna!!
We can physically beat them though. I believe we have more talent than Dallas, but their coaching is definitely superior. Should be a good one. I predict 13-10 Fins!!!!!!!

No...

clear.gif

Parcells will bring the blitz alright, the question is can the OL pick it up for just a split second and can Jay Fiedler send off an accurate pass downfield that takes advantage of the lack of safety help with the CBs.

I think if you are able to jam the football straight down the Cowboys' throats, you can win against them on defense, but the main thing against them is to be careful with the football. Turnovers will kill you against the Cowboys more than most. Its when their defense is at its best, and their offense actually becomes dangerous when they can get short fields.

The real way to beat the Boys, is to stymie that offense. They've been shut out twice this year. When they've lost its been because their offense cant score consistently. The problem is I really think that it will take some prototypical miami interceptions to make this happen...because I think it is tough for Miami to defend the entire field, and Quincy Carter is perfectly capable of painting the entire field with his armstrength. Tonight on defense what happened is what I thought could happen and hoped would not. When you spread this Miami defense out all over the field defending every area, it becomes difficult for Zach Thomas to defend the run. There is too much space and we become vulnerable to draws and delays. Tonight I saw our safeties backed up far, and wide. That opened up the outside of our D to run on, and even worst gave the RBs choices of outside vs inside and therefore kept ZT and Co. guessing at which way the RB was gonna burst. Edgerrin James tends to do that against us better than any other RB...but I knew with the Skins it would be possible for them to do it too. Their offensive success tonight was directly correlated IMO to their ability to run the ball.

Fortunately, Bill Parcells won't run a bunch of delays and draws and whatnot, but Quincy Carter's arm will force us to spread out again to try and make the big play. It will be up to Seau to stop the run. If Seau can stop the runs to the outside, Zach can easily clog the middle. If not, Zach gets burnt.

The only thing that scares me is their receivers. They got three real good ones that can all fly down the field. This means we'll be seeing more of #21 out there, which makes my heart skip everytime I see him on the field. Mixing up the man and zone schemes will be key to keep Carter guessing. If he hesitant to what we're doing, he'll be prone to turnovers.

Back
Top Bottom