Can you envision Saban failing?

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I dont know if its just the homer in me, but I dont get a vibe of failure from Saban.. He hasnt even coached one game yet for the Phins and I think he will be a top 5 NFL coach in the near future.

I never got that feeling from Wanny.. Even though I hoped every year for a SB and never thought he was quite as bad as he was until the last 2 years or so.. But Saban is different. He seems to have that "it" quality that all of the great NFL coaches of the past and present have.

He has a process in place, not just a vague concept of "We are doing what have to to win a Superbowl". The process precedes the prize for Saban, and that is a precursor to success imo.

So, can any of you envision Saban failing in Miami, and if so, what would be the cause of his failure?

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
i would say no.

but by "failing" you have a broad spectrum there. if Saban can do better than 4-12, in my eyes, he has already succeeded. and i cannot see him doing worse than that. Wanny failed because he didn't have control of his team. Saban has control.

Saban my not take us to the superbowl, but if we get to a playoff appearance with him, i will say we have succeeded.

mor911

I am Unicron,.Megatron is my slave
Reaction score
I could not envision Saban failing.. Then again, I couldn't envision a 4-12 season either.

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
By failure, I mean that Saban would not last past his 5 year contract, be fired prematurely, and/or not have much playoff success.

larfo2224

Second String
Reaction score
And you will definitely not see him trading away his first day picks on longshots (I am not saying that feely will not be good in the future). I believe he will build the team with youth and not overpay for veterans at the end of their careers.

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
It is hard for me to see Saban failing. I am sure it is just the homer inside of me saying that Saban will be feared by the league in 2-3 years.

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Reaction score
anything is possible, but I find it extremely likely that Saban will be a successful HC in the NFL.

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
It's possible. Belichick himself floundered in Cleveland and briefly in NE.

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
By how Saban reacts to things and how much success he has had in his past, i dont even know that he knows the word failure.

BizarroAndres

Play to Win, Always! GO FINS!
Reaction score
mor911 said:
I could not envision Saban failing.. Then again, I couldn't envision a 4-12 season either.
I feel the same way

FIN-IN-RI

Hammered
Reaction score
Anything can happen but when I watch Saban and hear him talk, the only impression I get about him is success. So while I can't envision him bombing as a NFL coach it is very possible that he will.

csabe

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree, it seems he doesn't even know how to fail.

Top Bottom