Can you envision Saban failing? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can you envision Saban failing?

FiN.in.RI said:
Too bad Bledsoe had to get injured.
LoL, too true.

i think belichick wouldn't be half the standard he is if it wasn't for Brady. face it guys, Brady is what makes the patriots, not belichick. How "unstoppable" were they before brady?

yep.

I have a real good feeling about Coach Saban being sucessful, but I don't know if it's genuine or some shell shock reaction(desperation)from what happened last year.

I can't envision failure in any way. I've never felt better about any addition we've made to this team than our hiring of Saban as coach. I've been excited before, but this is different. Now we each measure success differently, and I don't want to try to provide timetables, but I foresee a lengthy successful tenure from our new coach. No reason not to be positive.

I think he's already improved the talent of the team and the draft hasn't even happened yet. I invision a very good draft. Much like JJ, he has very specific and detailed information about the players in the draft especially in the SEC. This will help bigtime in the later rounds.

texasPHINSfan said:
i would say no.

but by "failing" you have a broad spectrum there. if Saban can do better than 4-12, in my eyes, he has already succeeded. and i cannot see him doing worse than that. Wanny failed because he didn't have control of his team. Saban has control.

Saban my not take us to the superbowl, but if we get to a playoff appearance with him, i will say we have succeeded.

You hit the nail on the head!! I think the keyword here is "patience!!" Eventually we can be as successful as we once were. It's just going to take time. Those people who want a Superbowl in one or two years, are going to be disappointed. We have to let this play out and take it from there!! :eek:

All during the Wanny years I never comfortable that he knew what he was doing particularly on personnel decisions.Now I have a feeling of renewed optimism .Its a sense of relief to know we are in good hands.Any decision he makes is allright with me.He is the expert.I am just a fan.

yes i can because TALENT SELECTION IS DIFFERENT IN COLLEGE THAN THE SHOW. Saban will fall prey to being away from the NFL a long time just like Gibbs. I think Nick is going to right the ship but i think it will take 3 yrs. I think he needs to rid himself of many players currently still looked at as core tot he team. Miami needs to hit on the draft and i think they may have compounded their rebuild with some of this offseasons signings. I just think they saddled themselves with more dead salary.

All the new contracts are cap-friendly and short-term. This gives us players for the "NOW" that we are facing. We were looking at not being able to field a front 7 with anything but rookies.

Too many of you are still in love with jimmah and his Dallas work. His first year in Dallas he was 1-15. Want to go there? OK, just throw a bunch of draft choices and UFA's out there. Be "young" and see what that does for
you next year... or the year after... The team is progressing just fine under Saban.

I really dont envision him failing either....but....we have to remember that anyone could have come in here after wanny and our hopes would be up. In leadership positions it is much easier to follow someone who was horrible than someone who was great. Saban is following Wanny, who happened to be much more on the horrible side of things.

I really cannot envision Saban not being succesful. He has made all the right moves in my eyes by immediately hiring a young and creative offensive coordinator in Scott Linehan and getting one of the best offensive line coaches in Hudson Houck.

And if you watched all the Dolphins' games last season, there was only one where they got their asses handed to them (the Monday Night loss in New York), they had a chance in every game they played. I think with an improved offense and better offensive line, which Linehan and Houck will bring to the table and better coaching and leadership from Saban, the Dolphins could easily win 8 games next season.

I do not see Saban failing

I dont know when he will be in the playoffs tho

i like to think next year but the defense has to learn a new system
and the offense has to learn a new system as well so...whenver we can learn that is when we will be successful

texasPHINSfan said:
LoL, too true.

i think belichick wouldn't be half the standard he is if it wasn't for Brady. face it guys, Brady is what makes the patriots, not belichick. How "unstoppable" were they before brady?

yep.

They'd probably still be a playoff team(see Philly) but Brady is the main ingrident to their offense.

SkapePhin said:
I dont know if its just the homer in me, but I dont get a vibe of failure from Saban.. He hasnt even coached one game yet for the Phins and I think he will be a top 5 NFL coach in the near future.

I never got that feeling from Wanny.. Even though I hoped every year for a SB and never thought he was quite as bad as he was until the last 2 years or so.. But Saban is different. He seems to have that "it" quality that all of the great NFL coaches of the past and present have.

He has a process in place, not just a vague concept of "We are doing what have to to win a Superbowl". The process precedes the prize for Saban, and that is a precursor to success imo.

So, can any of you envision Saban failing in Miami, and if so, what would be the cause of his failure?

Saban is a winner, he has succeeded everywhere hes been.

There can be a certain amount of luck in just how successful you are, for example when he has this team at its peak down the road, will there be a great team in another city thats just a little better?

Buffalo had a team that might have won a few had it not been for the Cowboys dynasty.

The bottomline I think is he will make this team successful and it will be in a position to actually contend for championships before he is done.

Back
Top Bottom