Can you remember this game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can you remember this game?

Phinnish

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In one of the most nail biting Monday Night Dolphins Fantastic Finishes the scoring didn't even start until the 3rd quarter.... and after Miami went ahead 2 scores....it was back and forth till the very end. And the game winning pass set a then NFL record.(Actually the pass set 2 NFL records, but the other one had already been achieved earlier in the season, this was just icing on the cake.[And THAT record still stands.])

What was the game?

And man what a game it was :)

Originally posted by Phinnish
In one of the most nail biting Monday Night Dolphins Fantastic Finishes the scoring didn't even start until the 3rd quarter.... and after Miami went ahead 2 scores....it was back and forth till the very end. And the game winning pass set a then NFL record.(Actually the pass set 2 NFL records, but the other one had already been achieved earlier in the season, this was just icing on the cake.[And THAT record still stands.])

What was the game?

And man what a game it was :)
i'm not sure its the game you're thinking about, but a Dec 16, 1996 game with the bills which the fins won 16-14 was a real nail-biter for me!

No...but yeah that was an awesome game as well....the game I am talking about was the final game of that season.

Ummm...here's a hint :

It was the first Monday night season without a famous Monday Night commentator and it was the final season for another Monday Night commentator. And it was the final game of the season.

the only other MNF game i can think of

Originally posted by Phinnish
No...but yeah that was an awesome game as well....the game I am talking about was the final game of that season.

Ummm...here's a hint :

It was the first Monday night season without a famous Monday Night commentator and it was the final season for another Monday Night commentator. And it was the final game of the season.
was the one in 1884, where the dolphins beat dallas 28-21. marino passed the 5000 yd mark for one season! to be exact dec 17, 1984.

Re: the only other MNF game i can think of

Originally posted by dolfan06
was the one in 1884, where the dolphins beat dallas 28-21. marino passed the 5000 yd mark for one season! to be exact dec 17, 1984.

You are correct sir..... the Miami /Dallas game... the record(s) I was thinking of were Clayton's at the time NFL record 18 TD passes, and that last TD of the regular season was Marino's 48th .... but I guess in a year where so many records were broke, it's hard to keep track ;)

Back
Top Bottom