Can You say QB Controversy?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can You say QB Controversy??

Hey Oliver you make a statement like "You do understand Lucas was running an offense where there was no game plan? This is Lucas's strength, not thinking." and you say you are not taking anything away from him. First thing this is a new offense being impemented so to say his strength is not thinking is just plain wrong. To learn a new system and to execute the way lucas has shows that he is up to the task mentally. Using your argument Jay can only qb in games when the gameplan is effective because in the two games we haven't gameplanned for he has stunk up the joint. Also if lucas is throwing against 2nd and 3rd stringers, that means he's playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers. We all want our qb's to do well whomever is qb'ing. Lucas said it after the game Jay haven't had the pratice time or the reps. After the last 2 games the lucas bashing should stop, and to say one is not a thinker is criticizing that individual.

Did somebody actually say we should sign Major Applewhite because we have no number 3 QB??? Please tell me I have glaucoma and mis-read that. Applewhite has no armstrength and has worse knees than my 80 year old grandmother. he is coaching for a reason, because he has NO future in professional football.

No doubt he was a quality college QB, but his future in the NFL is about as bright as mine.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
"He's up against Jay Fiedler, Thurmanator.

Anyone can win that battle."

Ouch and you guys are talking superbowl?

Us talking superbowl is almost as funny as you guys talking about winning it :D. The area code in Buffalo is 044.

These last couple games are about the same as "you run up to the trash can and take left cut, you run around the oak tree and i'll hit you in the flat, vanilla. This is Norvy playing the slot machines. Come the regular season it's time to take a seat at the table. Jay is a smart man and there is enough of an archive out there of Norv's offense that he doesn't need to tip his hand in the preason. Things will look totally different come Opening Day.

Originally posted by akjoeyb
These last couple games are about the same as "you run up to the trash can and take left cut, you run around the oak tree and i'll hit you in the flat, vanilla. This is Norvy playing the slot machines. Come the regular season it's time to take a seat at the table. Jay is a smart man and there is enough of an archive out there of Norv's offense that he doesn't need to tip his hand in the preason. Things will look totally different come Opening Day.

I agree, this is about as plain football as you're gonna see, Preseason is about getting used to hitting full speed against other teams and getting timing down and evaluating talent and less about game planning and winning.
Norv wants to see what plays and formations the offense is picking up and IF their picking it up, it's more about execution than anything, of course we all wanna see the team play well.

As far as Jays' performance goes,,,, lets face it, how many QB's past or present can come into a game with hardly any practice or work with the team and make an impact during the 1st week of preseason when there's two games played in four days?

I'm not making excuses, I'm just pointing out the added degree of difficulty involved in this situation.

Besides I feel Jay will come around after more work. My main concern is the OLs lack of execution and the defense.:(
Hopefully they work it out.

Just remember it's preseason folks and the record means nothing, ask DW if he cares what the Fins preaseason record was the last two years?

All preseason is, is the NFLs version of military war games.

Back
Top Bottom